fowleri tang

ok i got a 10inch or more tang god he is awesome and he is a pig he eats everything silver sides flakes lettuce krill . the guy at the store said he will eat me out of house and home . does any one on here ever have one just want some info . he already showed he is not the fish to miss with the puffer i don,t know why . but he nipped the tangs tail and all i can saw the tang opened a can of woop {edit} lol. and the tomato tried him and now he knows to saty away . he gets along fine with my yellow tang it is cool they are buddies. got him dirt cheap 80.00 bucks it belongs to a heart doctor who just was supose to leave his fish at the store 24 hrs it has been a month so i got him now. he also has a tusk which i might go get 80.00 bucks also and he is big

aquaknight

Originally Posted by clowntrigger2k
http:///forum/post/3163720
here you go
Attachment 233836
Attachment 233838
to bigger ones go here sorry
http://community.webshots.com/album/...host=community
That's definitely not a Fowleri tang, but a Blochii. A cool fish, but definitely not a 'premium' fish like Fowleri's are.
Sidenote, what's up with the yellow tang? He looks horrible, complete HLLE on the face, little to no fins left... Actually both tangs don't look great. On the Blochii, you can see how it's pinched just above the eyes, and his spine sticks out on his side, he really needs more food.

i was questionjing that guy at the store he swore it was a fowleri oh well cool fish though . as far as the yellow tang i have medicated him feed himlike crazy . the other tangs eats like 5 times a day he is a hog

i feed him silver sides, lettuce, krill seaweed, shrimp pellets. as far as the yellow i have done everything i have been adding vitamin c to the tank and he seems to get color back and he eats like a big too .but his fins have been like that for a while . and he isn,t getting beaten up the clown will nip at him but he defends himself . what else would you suggest to feed the blochii tang

small triggers

I noticed you said you were feeding 5 times a day, are you leaving enough algae ie seaweed sheets in there for all the fish go get some? you should probably soak the algae sheets in garlic or selcon before puting them in the tank, and add them to the tank 3 times a day if they get eaten fast... that tang is deathly and im sure you dont want your new tang to get HLLE too...

thank for the info and of course i don,t what the worst already lost my lion he was never the same after he broke his mouth on the coral trying to eat a pcs of squid rip big guy. before that he wasa monster eating everything in site and always active . i was wondering is the damage reversable on the yellow tang i have heard of people saying they recovered with vitamin c

ophiura

What is your nitrate level? It is once of the possible considerations with HLLE. In addition the meatier foods you are feeding are not what the tang needs, so that may be an issue as well. I eat loads of fast food but I'll eventually get sick - it isn't a good diet regardless of how much I seem to enjoy it.

K

kybodyguy

I really hate to rag on you about your tank size but as one who has been there done that I feel I should put my 2 cents worth in.I have 3 tanks total a 90 reef 150 fowlr at my office and 240fowlr in my home I bought a nice fat 5" yellow tang last year put in the 240.he slowly but surely got thinner and thinner even though he ate like a pig and I was feeding nori twice daily with garlic ,vitamin c and selcon along with the various differant types of frozen food.also had a 9" achilles that did the same thing.after being together for a year my purple tang starts picking on the yellow so I take the yellow to my 150.within 2 months he fattened up and grew least a half inch. I really hate to be a tang police but the size of your fish for a 125 is way overcrowded.your yellow won't make it until christmas maybe another month but doubtful.if you can get him to another tank feed lots of vitamins and omega amino by brightwell aquatics and he may pull thru but I doubt .best of luck with him .

"

R

rcreations

I got a 10" + Sohal tang and this fish eats, A LOT! Goes through half a table shrimp in a matter of seconds and loves nori sheets too.