Foxface Coloration

aquarius 1

I have a Foxface in a 75 gallon f/o tank that I've had for a month and half now. He's been healthy since coming out of QT and he eats everything I feed him: nori, seaweed selects, formula I/II flakes soaked in zoe in the morning, and selcon at night. Additionally all day he grazes on the algae and liverock. Water parameters are also excellentHowever his color isn't as vibrant or as nice as what I see in pictures or at the stores. Any ideas? Here's a picture...

I

ivanfj

I think your fishy is a little stressed. I saw the same thing with foxface in LFS when the LFS-er is trying to catch them. They change their color very quickly, a color similar to your pic.

aquarius 1

This picture was taken in the middle of the day and the fish was not in a startled state (Trust me it gets all blotchy when that happens). He was just casually swimming in front of the tank. As for my lighting, I have a 4 ft. Coralife 20,000K bulb in there along with a 4 ft. Coralife Actnic Blue Bulb. Tankmates are a Flame Angel, pair of Perculas, and a Niger Trigger.