Frag Tank Pics

jackri

Just ordered a new Koralia #4 to add to the tunze in here for flow. The Tunze does a good job but circles the tank to the overflow and kind of really misses good flow over some corals so I think the K4 will finish it off for what I want. Thoroughly impressed with the three K4's I have in my main tank and changing my mind very quickly on them.

jackri

Some fish pics, I didn't focus on any of the corals though but I did get my new clown tang in there. Pictures could be better but no one wanted to stay still and by the time I'd snap a pic they would take off in the tunze flow :)

J

jetskiking

Love your frag tank, I also run a 12" deep frag tank just smaller. What lighting/bulb/ballast are you using over it?

jackri

I've thought about using 10k in my frag tank just for growth.... have pics of your frag tank set up?

J

jetskiking

Sure, Only have some from when it was set up. Oceanic 24"X18"x13" 175watt pfo single end pendent with ARO ballast. I run it off my main system. I also made the light adjustable so I can acclimate easy.

jackri

Ahh I can see pictures when you upload them that way from work.. I'll have to wait till I get home lol.

jackri

Much better

Nice looking set ups... wish I would've ordered some black egg crate but the white was available locally. I just like how the black looks in your pics.. nice :)

J

jetskiking

Originally Posted by jackri
http:///forum/post/3125592
Much better

Nice looking set ups... wish I would've ordered some black egg crate but the white was available locally. I just like how the black looks in your pics.. nice :)
It was available local for me so it made it easy. I actually think the black grows more algea after having used it for a while now.

jackri

My white grows plenty. I've heard from a long time local reefer that after awhile the white can leech out chemicals. I'm not sure if that is true or not but I've never heard of white causing problems. I just like the looks of black better.

jackri

Well after doing a toxic water change a couple of weeks ago (dish soap I think) and killing a clown, lm blenny and my beautiful sailfin tang I needed a new fish in there. The one remaining clown made a full recovery as well as the corals (lost a couple of acros though). Glad I had A LOT of charcoal on hand.
Anyways -- Just added a Powder Blue Tang and a pretty good sized Sea Hare (have plenty of chaeto to feed him as needed). Hopefully I'll some new pics up shortly of the new crew.

jackri

Cleaned finally and new pics. My RBTA has grown great and split.. and about to split again

Sorry no close up pics as it was closed up from eating anyways.

jackri

This tank has really shaped up after being overrun with GHA and crud.
I also installed GFO/Carbon reactor on this tank and starting to keep my levels in check as growth has been extremely minimal. Calcium was at 440 but alk was only at 4dKh and testing for mag as soon as my supplement arrives today/tomorrow.
My orange digita grows like a weed which is fine. Most everything now has recovered (corals recovered or died) from my toxin awhile back that almost made me want to tear down this tank. I'm also looking at adding one more 250w pendant to give better coverage from "shade" spots that only having one pendant leaves.
Looking at make around 50 or so more frags and really get some corals growing for this summer. I can't ship in the winter months so I might as well get them fragged and growing on the plugs now plus it gives me something to do when it's cold outside.
I'll probably add more pics when I do my fragging and reaquascaping of the main tank for a new baseline of growth too.

nissan577

i really cant wait!
i was looking for this thread for a while now but hardly saw your name come up. i thought you left or something. so thankyou for posting. samething with your 90g.

many things are changing. and once again i know what you mean by you wanting to give up. i had that encounter before and like many reefers told me. "if you give up you wont come back. be patient and it will all fall into place" so i kept trying and im doing great.
well however the saying is i didnt give up. and im glad you didnt as well.

jackri

I would've kept my main tank regardless. Really the only time I post on here is from work when I have down time so if I go stretches without posting I'm busy. Free time at home is usually spent elsewhere that's not blocked by our firewall -- and no not bad websites, this is just one of the few that do work