Fragging Paly's??

9supratt4

I have a rock that is getting completely covered in Green Paly's. Is there a way to remove the Paly's from the rock?? Maybe use a scalpel to get between the stalk and the rock?

spanko

gloves, eye protection, and a surgical paper mask are a must here.
Then you are correct a good sharp scalpel - x-acto knife and cut down at the very base even taking some of the rock if you can. Rock is usually pretty soft and can be dug out with a knife like this. Then you have a rock pc. that you can super glue somewhere else.
Did I mention gloves, eye protection and a paper surgical mask as a must?

9supratt4

No gloves, mask or eye protection....I like living on the edge

What if there is no rock with it?? Can you glue to bottom of the stalk to a rock?? Can this be done in the water or must they be out so not to get toxins in the water??

spanko

Don't do this in the tank as they will release toxins that can cause problems for the other coral. Paly's and zoas are pretty hard to glue to somthing because they slime so much. If you don't get any rock with them use the cup of rubble method and wait for them to attach themselves.

bang guy

Gloves are a must. If you have pets don't let them drink the water left over when you cut the Zoas. Treat it like any other poison.
I prefer to use a chisel and cut a sliver of rock off along with the Zoanthid. That way there's less cutting and you have something to glue.