Frags a Plenty!

mr_x

btw, i think the xenia has a good chance this time, because i put carbon in the bags. let me know how it works.

spankey

Doug might you have any watermellon chalice left? I have one frag of nukes I was holding I could swap you if you wish? I could even meet you as I am working in Wayne PA this week 11am to 9pm. I could meet you anytime after 5pm around there?
Let me know. PM me if interested....
Thanks
Sal

spanko

11:22 am in Clinton Township Michigan. In walks the postal employee with a package for me!!!!

Box is 14" x 14" x 10". OMG that is a big box for 3 pcs of 1" frags?????

Open box, big stryofoam cooler filled with styrofoam peanuts and a heat pack. Dig through a little and there they are, three bags with a Blue milli, a green birdsnest, and a watermelon chalice. Bags are a little cool but polyps are showing on the milli and birdsnest in the bag.
All in all shipped superbly!!! Can't wait to get off work to put them in the tank. Pics maybe later but maybe tomorrow.
Thanks Doug my friend, a fine job of packaging!!!!

mr_x

spanko- glad things went well. i usually ship 12x12x12 boxes but staples doesn't sell that size anymore. meanwhile, i don't want a heatpack to overheat a box, so i like the somewhat larger boxes for heatpacks.
sal- i don't have any cut right now. my parent colony is big enough to cut more, but i'm going to wait just a little while longer before i do.

perfectdark

12:15 pm box showed up at my office. It was wet at the bottom, usps man told me it was leaking..

I opened it ASAP. Packaging was flawless, nice and warm dug through it all and found the bag. Half filled with water but both pieces still submerged, whew... Rushed it home approx 10 min drive, temp acclimated for about 15 minutes, it was mighty close to my tanks temp already. They are in the tank, no lights on at the time but they look good!!! nothing out of the ordinary was seen. Thanks again X. Pictures will be taken tonight

mr_x

they must play basketball with these boxes. how can they pop the bags? i use atleast 2 bags per coral, and a ton of peanuts between them and the box surfaces.

spanko

Seriously with the way you packaged mine I cannot see how a bag would get punctured.......not doubting you PD. They must have really abused it.

perfectdark

I agree.. I was shocked to see the bag dripping. The box had not a dent in it the corners were even in tact. When I opened it the heat pack was still right on top, and I found the bag in the middle of the 10,000 or so peanuts in there.
No worries they were still submerged in the water, I have no doubt all will be fine.

bill109

mine is at the post office wating to get picked up..=( hopefully i make it there today, then i have to go out and get glue..
unless gorilla glue will work..?

spanko

Hardware store, big box stores, drug stores, grocery stores, all carry super glue gel. I would not use gorilla glue.
"EASY TO USE – it's a non-toxic, water-based, solvent free polyvinyl acetate (PVA). FDA approved for indirect food contact. Easy clean up with water."

bill109

Originally Posted by spanko
http:///forum/post/2784592
Hardware store, big box stores, drug stores, grocery stores, all carry super glue gel. I would not use gorilla glue.
"EASY TO USE – it's a non-toxic, water-based, solvent free polyvinyl acetate (PVA). FDA approved for indirect food contact. Easy clean up with water."
what was the stuff called that is has to have? cyanocylate? or something?
also mr x.. check your pay pal acct in a few hours. im working on sending it now.

perfectdark

Originally Posted by bill109
http:///forum/post/2784597
what was the stuff called that is has to have? cyanocylate? or something?
also mr x.. check your pay pal acct in a few hours. im working on sending it now.
Yes cyanoacrylate or CA glue for short, its what crazy glue is. I believe gorilla glue is a polyvinyl acetate polymer, basically a PVC type adhesive, not sure what the ramifications of using it in your tank would be. IMO I would not.

perfectdark

X Frags are open and doing well, they ate too!!
Pics tomorrow, I took them tonight but its too late to upload them.