Free Achilles Tang Michigan Only

tyr-sog

I have a sick Achilles Tang looking for a home of a very experienced aquarist with a LARGE tank. This fish is still eating very good and is in my QT but I don't beleive I have the experience or the resources to house this fish properly during treatment and after. I did research the fish and for some reason that day at the pet store I had 'Hardy' in my head when it was the ' hardest' fish to care for.
Pickup only so don't even bother asking for it to be shipped.
JKBradley_R6@msn.com

road8518

i know this has nothing to do with the post
but you guys know of any places in mich that cell cheap live rock ?
around me it is 8 least
maybe like 3-6$?

D

daniel411

Originally posted by road8518
i know this has nothing to do with the post
but you guys know of any places in mich that cell cheap live rock ?
around me it is 8 least
maybe like 3-6$?

Yes and no. Depends if you're willing to buy alot at once, theres a few metro stores that will give "good" rock for $4-6. Only if you're buy alot at once though.

tyr-sog

Originally posted by Daniel411
Do you have any idea why its sick?

From an ich breakout of coarse. He has been eating since day one and is absolute pig so I do have that advantage on my side. He developed a secondary infection. Cloudy eyes, fungas I think. Been treating with Marcyne 2 in the QT.

xtremenemo

I have a copper tank that is 85 gallons and I am building my stand for a 180 gallon tank. I will have it up in jan. I only have a tonga puffer , a lunar wrasse and a damsel and sfe ( baby). My puffer just had ick and that is why I am going to the copper and staying with it. I will take him. I live in livonia and the tank is in kalamazoo. email me
j2misiul@unix.cc.wmich.edu
thanks

D

daniel411

Originally posted by road8518
thank what is alot ? i would like to get around 20-30lbs send me an email of the stores
lazer1313@yahoo.com

In romulous there is tropicorium. Usually you can purchase for $6# or less if you haggle. The best live rock that I know of other than the old Oceanlife(?) store. The Fish Tank on ford rd in westland also will generally sell lr for real cheap if you buy quite a bit.
I'd jump on the achilles if my qt was set up and could hold it.

road8518

yeah i have been there but i would like to have somethin alittle smaller it is for my 10 nano tank and i would like to have some cave and stuff but they only have big stuff all the time ?

tyr-sog

Hey Daniel411 Yeah I still need one. I'm going to order one today off ----. $40 can't beat it. I wish you had a QT set up. I'd love for ya to take this guy. He's awsome looking and expensive to.

tyr-sog

Xtremenemo,
No offense but if you need a refractometer I'd have to question how much experience you have not to mention how are you going to put the fish in hypo without one?

coachwah

I have a QT ready to go if no one has scooped him up. I would not be able to pick him up 'til Friday around 6 or 7 though. e-mail if interested.

xtremenemo

I use my friends refrac. and I dont like always going over to his house and using it so I want one for my own. But if you dont want him to be in a large 180 gallon tank, then that is fine.