FREE DIGI'S-Louisville KY

hurt

I have too many frags and not enough space in my tank. If anyone who lives close to Louisville KY wants green monti digi, or rose with purple tip monti digi, let me know. I need to get rid of quite a few frags. I even had to resort to putting a few in my overflow box :notsure: , for a lack of space. FREE to anyone in the surrounding area.

cjeffrey77

They are hard corals that need metal halides aren't they? I only have pc. Nice of you to offer though. Have you tried any of the local fish stores? THey might take some and give you credit for something else I know of a few stores that will do that. I live in Oldham Co. by the way, nice to find someone else nearby!!!

hurt

Yep, MH's are a must, unless you have alot of WPG with PC's and they are placed right below the water surface. As for the LFS, I deal with Aquatica and Sandy's. I usually trade them in for credit to each store, but they both still have some I traded in a week ago. Aquatica is a really nice store, and Todd is top notch in my book. But, he already has some colonies of each. I'm in Springhurst btw, not far at all from Oldham Co. How much light do you have on your tank, and what size tank is it?

marko

i will be willing to take a couple off your hands if u want. i'm in cincinnati oh. i can meet u some where if u want

hurt

Sure, tell me when you want to come down. Do you have MH's? If not-what type of lighting and how many watts?

saltyguy

I would love to take some off your hands. Just let me know when. I work crazy hours but I will make arrangements for us to meet up somewhere when ever it's convienient for you. I live in Fern Creek.

cjeffrey77

I really like Aquatica also it's my favorite store, I go to springhurst all the time. My dog loves going to feeder's supply so I take him in there when I need supplies. Have you been to East End Aquatics? That's a really nice store also. I haven't ever been to Sandy's, I know where it is, I don't really know why I just haven't been there. Besides the hard corals what other types of corals are you into?

hurt

SaltyGuy, drop me an email with your phone # to REIrwin79@yahoo.com. I have a midterm this Wednesday, so anytime after that I would be glad to hook you up. I live in Champion Farms, right across from TinselTown. I could probably break off a capricornis, elkhorn monti, and green acro as well.

hurt

CJEFFERY77, Feeders Supply is about a 1 min drive for me. The Saltwater department does not impress me at all though. No SPS, tanks covered in algae half the time. No one there is really knowledgeable, and the prices are steep IMO. I have not been to East End Aquatic's. Where is this store located at. I've only been in Louisville 10 months now.
Sandy's is a nice store, the staff is knowledgeable and they know what they are doing. They usually have a decent selection of SPS, but IMHO a bit pricey at $45/frag.
Aquatica on the other hand has a large selection of SPS. Todd's SPS tank is 270g, and he is presently building a 450g tank that he will devote to SPS. It's going on the stand right next to the current SPS system. To give you an idea of his prices, I bought 5 SPS frags last Friday for $65. He's the man in my book. He also builds some kick-arse needle-wheel skimmers that are HUGE.
As for corals, I infatuated with SPS!!! And that is pretty much it. I do have some shrooms and xenia in my fuge is you want any of those?

cjeffrey77

Does he sell the skimmers? I didn't know about those, I did know about the tank he's building, everytime I ask him about it though he says he's put it on the back burner for a while because he's been so busy building custom tanks. It's one awesome store though. I was just there yesterday, I got some awesome zoo's & a finger leather.
Do you know where the Gatti Land is on Lyndon Lane The other fish store is on the other side of it. I usually take my kids to Gatti's then go to the fish store.

marko

would u be willing to meet somewhere sometime this week. i have 60 watts over a 29. the lights are 2 50/50 and a marine-glo

hurt

Sorry Marko, your lighting is inadequate. If I gave them to you, you would be lucky to even have them one week before they die. They need a lot of light. That's barely 2 wpg and I am assuming the source is NO. To give you an idea, I run ~13 wpg with MH/VHO.

dutch06

Hurt, I would love some new frags. I too, am really into SPS, and would take anything you don't have room for. I am running a 48" Aqualight Pro 2x150w HQI/2x96w PC/3x1w lunar lights so I should meet your lighting requirements.
I can pick up any time after six, Wednesday and Thursday are no good for me. Since my tank is relatively new, I don't have much to offer (except space) but I will bring you some nice margarita zooanthids if you would like them. There's some pictures of the colony on here if you search my threads. The frag has about 8-10 polyps on it. Your welcome to it for a few sweet frags. I'm in Highview so just let me know. esdixon1972 (at) yahoo (dot) com

hurt

Dutch, you pass the test
. Not trying to be an smart arse, Marko...I just don't want to see them die, they need lots of light. I'll drop you an email this evening. I can do it any evening after Wednesday.
CJeffrey77, I'm not familiar with the location of the store. Can you point to it on the google map , then post the link with the exact location. Thanks!
http://www.mapquest.com/maps/map.adp...te=ky&zipcode=

xhappyx

are u willing to ship at my expense... i'm in nj 08753 i have 2 175 mh with 4 160 vho's on a 125gallon.

hurt

CJeffery77, Todd sells the skimmers he makes as well. Tell him what you want, how big, and he will make it. I just talked with him about making myself a Kalk Reactor. He said tell me the dimensions, and he would be glad to make it to my specs. He makes acyrlic tanks to your dimensions, drills them etc. to your specs. Next time you are in there look at the Fish system to the left of the SPS tank, looking at the back of the store. Under this system he has an absolute monster skimmer(4 feet tall, foot diameter is my guess), largest I've ever seen, and it pulls out some serious junk. It really impressed me, just the same as Euroreefs.

hurt

Xhappy, possibly. I would prefer to give them to local members. It's just much easier than having them shipped. I'm not real familiar with exactly how to bag them, box them, cool them, etc. I'm not sure exactly how many I will have left, but if I do after I give them to the local reefers, I'll let you know.

xhappyx

Originally Posted by Hurt
Xhappy, possibly. I would prefer to give them to local members. It's just much easier than having them shipped. I'm not real familiar with exactly how to bag them, box them, cool them, etc. I'm not sure exactly how many I will have left, but if I do after I give them to the local reefers, I'll let you know.
ok thanks my email is h22teg@hotmail.com

dutch06

Hurt, are you interested in the zoo frag? Send me an e-mail and let me know and we can set-up a time for me to stop by. I can send you a picture of the zoo or post it here if you like.