Free stuff from LFS!

How is this for fun?
A while back I read banguys post on fragging blue 'shrooms and decided to try it.
I had some frome this site which I paid $25-40 (can't remember) for about 10 'shrooms.
I removed a whole one which reattached with little dificulty. The stump regrew as well.
I then removed another one, and disected it with a razor, and glued it to another rock. The glue did not hold, so I had bits and peices floating around the bottom.
I picked up two or three peices and poked them down into holes in a softball sized peice of rock, where they attached and regrew. They turned into 8 shrooms in no time flat.
I brought it to the lfs where the guy traded me even for a rose bubble tip! Check out the price and availablity on this site for an Idea of what this was worth. And I still have all my other "shrooms too!
He told me that he would take all of the blues thta I could bring, so I got busy with my razor again!

bang guy

The Blue-Mushroom Fragging was actually Kip's thread. I thought he did a great job of documenting it.

daceman89

Originally posted by YellowTail
30 minutes north of albany
[/do you still have blue shrooms. Are they blue or purple? Canyou please post a pic. I've been trying to get blue shrooms for the looooooooooooooooooooooooongest

dacia

I'd buy some blue mushrooms if you are interested in fragging a couple for me and selling them attached to a small rock...I already have purples though and blues are hard to find!

klongo

Me too! I'd love a few blue and/or purple shrooms. Unfortunatealy, I've just started putting corals in my tank so I don't have anything to trade. But I'd be willing to buy!

Shoot, I'd love to send some to all of you!
But as things go, it takes several months to get a batch to stick and grow.
I have only about 12 or so blues.
Sorry, but as I get another batch ready to frag, I be sure to post.

chris s

I would like to read more about this disection prosess. Do you remember the post name or can you describe it to me. thanks