freshwater dipping help

rcdude1990

Im goin out to purchase a few frags of pulsing xenia and want to freshwater dip them. anyone got a step by step how to? i wannado many freshwater dips to the xenas as possible

T

tizzo

Originally Posted by rcdude1990
http:///forum/post/3141348
Im goin out to purchase a few frags of pulsing xenia and want to freshwater dip them. anyone got a step by step how to? i wannado many freshwater dips to the xenas as possible
Dont take offense but... That doesn't make any sense.

and don't get me wrong, I've done my fair share of freshwater dipping, but I knew why, and how. I can't think of any good reason to fresh water dip xenia...
Why don't you tell us what your dipping for and we can help you with a better alternative. Bacterial infections? Nudibranchs? Flatworms in the rock it's mounted to? Etc...

reefkprz

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3141564
In a previous thread he mentioned they have flatworms
and he's going to pay money for them?.....
to the OP
DONT pay for infested xenia, even if your lucky enough that the FW dip kills ALL the flat worms without infesdsting your tank (50/50 chance), the survivability of the xenia is reduced. you PAYING for an increased chance to fail... no coral is worth that. wait and buy a healthy specimen.

rcdude1990

hey guys, quick update i went to c the guy and he was really cool, he had nice rocks full of xenia
i called him b4 and asked wat he has done to take out the flatworms, he said he used a medicine, flatworm exit i believe. i took a drive over to see and i was impressed. he gave me one big rock of xenia, a small frag of xenia and threw in another small frag of coral, forgot the name. he took them out and place them in a bucket were he added flatworm exit right in front of me. we then waited 30 min and talked a little, then he grabbed backs, took new water from his tank n then placed the pieces inside and i drove off, i jus acclimated them and placed them in the tank. and no i did not add any water from his tank what so ever