friday night shot of the 180 mixed reef

B

bellaroxio

Originally Posted by murph145
ummmm heres my sump i let the algae grow there haha i dont even have a high maintenance standard the tank just runs very well
i feed twice a day i do a 30G water change once every 2 months i change filter socks once a week prune cheato like once a month and clean skimmer once a week thats it

Why do you have to prune the Cheato/week? What is the advantage of Cheato?
I have a 200-gal reef tank. The sump has live rocks. I will add carbon and I will hook up 54-watt UV. MRC CR7 is coming with MRC Nielson mixer. Any suggestion to have a tank half your beauty? Thanks

m0nk

Dude... your tank rocks bigtime.

It's a great tank and somehow you always take great pics. Rock on...

triga22

Looks great as always... You deffinatly got to check my tank out in a week or so. Im ordering here and its perty big.

fishgeek01

Murph I think I saw a bare spot in there, you might want to fill that up...lol
Tank is looking good as usual.
Jay

murph145

Originally Posted by bellaroxio
Why do you have to prune the Cheato/week? What is the advantage of Cheato?
I have a 200-gal reef tank. The sump has live rocks. I will add carbon and I will hook up 54-watt UV. MRC CR7 is coming with MRC Nielson mixer. Any suggestion to have a tank half your beauty? Thanks
man i think the key is having the right flow through the rock works and having live sand.... a good skimmer helps and the rest just kinda falls into place....
i use the cheato as a form of riding the tank of phosphates the suck it up when they grow and then i trim it to allow for more growth IE suck out more phosphates
if u have more indepth questions feel freem to PM me and ill explain better

murph145

thanks everyone else for ur nice comments

steve24 i think i can fit one or two more lol
thanks monk!!!
rbrockm1 i feed my corals whatever the fish eat and there poop!!! thats it
TriGa22 point me to it when it comes in i wanna check it out
fishgeek01 lol thanks im tryin
smoothie ur welcome im glad u like

grabbitt

Originally Posted by smartorl
You know, you really should work on my tank. You would laugh if you saw it now, lots of LR, three or four corals hanging stubbornly onto life............
...Word.