Furstrated with my 150

ironeagle2006

I have been fighting a huge battle with my tank recently. I upgraded my filter to a sump/fuge system got rid of my HOB fudge and did a few other things that were needed. Sump has 20 gallons capacity return is now a Mag 12 and my old return is driving a CL setup so I am happy there. However in the last week my water went CLOUDY to the point milk is clearer than the freaking tank year everything is fine no micro bubbles. I check WC weekly and everything has been fine PH staying right at 8.2 Nititres at 0 Ammoinia is 0 Trates were at 20 did a pair of 25 gallon changes and they dropped to 10 after those. Salinaty is 1.023.
Nothing has died everything is eating like a freaking pig doing fine no discorlation of the drained water either. Trying carbon pads and a micro polishing pad to see if that will help.

ironeagle2006

Found the source man I got luckly I think. I had an EXPLOSION in planktion growth and also a spike in get this hydrogen Sulphide. Turns out my Sand shifting Cucumber made my Huma Huma mad and well he ate it. I did not know. So all I have to do is replace the Cuke with a new one also I am going to add a couple goibies and blennies to keep the sand stirred also in addition to what I do. The Planktion well lets just say the pods in the FUGE are going NUTS over the food source.

unleashed

keep that carbon pack running to eliminate the toxins that the cuc has expelled.. if you had not replaced that when you did you may have lost your entire tank..

ironeagle2006

Right now running 4 carbon pads and 2 carbon pillows to get the sucker clearing. My skimmer looks like the it is doing a waterfall however it is catching up finally.

unleashed

thats good to hear .. if you have way to put a carbon bag in it or have a old hob filter you can add carbons too place that on your tank just till it clear up.. I know my aqualclear hob filters clear them up fast.. the bags tend to work faster than the pads do