?g Medium Scorpion Tank.

cranberry

Well, we started collecting for the Medium Scorp Tank. They will probably all end up going to into the 100g currently meant for the volitans/frondosa/Eschy etc. The current 100g group will all be going into a larger system somewhere within the year.
These are the first of the recruits. It's a pair of Inimicus.
One hasn't been doing too well upon arrival, so we'll have to see.

S

shrimpy brains

Well, You probably tire of hearing this, but,
"Dude", you've got some awesome fish!! lol
Well, I mean it about the awesome fish!!

cranberry

No, it's still nice to hear. Thank you. I put alot of work into these tanks so it is indeed nice to hear if someone appreciates it, you know what I mean? Just feeding them takes a lot of time. Right now I manage to get everyone done on Mon, Wed and Fri but I might have to put them on different days.

meowzer

How many ways can I say AWESOME LOL I love your stuff :)
Hey...side note...I thought you were moving soon?

cranberry

Yes.... yes we are. We are not buying anything unless they are exceptional or difficult to come by.
When we move this guy will get volitan's 100g.

novahobbies

What can I say that hasn't been said a million times??
I simply LOVE your tank builds! Can't wait to see more pics!
I'm sure that doesn't get old....

R

rcreations

Very cool looking fish. Sort of looks like a mix between a fuzzy dwarf and a scorpion.

S

shrimpy brains

Originally Posted by Cranberry
http:///forum/post/3251831
I think I'm going to loose the female, though. She has not done well since arrival.
Hope not. :( Maybe she will surprise you and pull through.

S

shrimpy brains

How big are those fish??
They look like they have pretty small mouths(as scorps go)!

cranberry

The mouth you see above could suck in a nice anthias. They are about 5" longish... maybe more?
The female died :-( I'm really disappointed because I wanted to see some flirting behaviour. Oh well.

S

saxman

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3252209
Sorry to hear about the female :( Will you get another?
unfortunately, Inimicu
s isn't sexually dimorphic, so there's no way to distinguish the sexes. since this genus tends to be intolerant of cogeners, i doubt it will have a mate. we "sexed" this one based on behavior with the other specimen, as it seemed to display for the other fish in a non-threatening manner as well as "warning us away" from the other fish. our assumption may be incorrect, but it's a semi-educated WAG.
i dunno if Frank can shed any more light on the subject, as he has kept a few of these fish over the years.