Gas prices

t316

Originally Posted by TangWhispr
http:///forum/post/2522869
I have a new H2,and a '02 H1, I am paying 3.39 for regular....and about .78 cents a gallon for diesel...I run cooking oil from a buddies business, gotta love dieselsecrets.com...The H2 isn't getting any miles needless to say
Just by looking at the promo...I would put this in my truck about as quick as I would put gasoline in my fish tank. Not to say there is not something to it, as I noted ...I only looked at the promo, but this is an oil substitute alternative, and as all of oil alternatives, it requires a lot more than a promo bottle pour-in to make it work.

crashbandicoot

3.16 a gallon it takes about 55 to fill up my cherokee and another 55-60 to fill up the santa fe . Sad thing is my old beater jeep gets better MPG then the new fuel smart SUV . my jeeps even lifted with 33" mudders on it .

mckaax

Believe it or not, but when I was younger I did a science project for school. It was back when gas was a little under a $1. Anyway, when all the numbers were calculated you actually save money in the long run (for mileage) the higher the octane you use. In other words if $1 of 87OCT would take you 10 miles, $1 of 89OCT would get you 12 miles and of course $1 of 92oct takes you 15miles. Now I am a BIG penny pincher and I run 87oct, Why? I think it is better for you motor and will get you more mileage out of your car in the long run. My 90 Honda gets 43 mpg and has over 200,000 miles.
Ohh yea, Gas here is 3.45per gallon.

teen

its like $3.23 for regular here. it cost about $70 to fill my tank now, and im getting 12.1 mpg.

reefraff

Originally Posted by mckaax
http:///forum/post/2523013
Believe it or not, but when I was younger I did a science project for school. It was back when gas was a little under a $1. Anyway, when all the numbers were calculated you actually save money in the long run (for mileage) the higher the octane you use. In other words if $1 of 87OCT would take you 10 miles, $1 of 89OCT would get you 12 miles and of course $1 of 92oct takes you 15miles. Now I am a BIG penny pincher and I run 87oct, Why? I think it is better for you motor and will get you more mileage out of your car in the long run. My 90 Honda gets 43 mpg and has over 200,000 miles.
Ohh yea, Gas here is 3.45per gallon.
Gas below a dollar a gallon? That had to be well before computer controls. Octaine rating of gasoline will only effect the efficiency of an engine if A) Said engine has a compression ratio or timing curve requiring a higher octaine rated fuel than you are using thus causing the engine to detonate (ping) or B) you have a engine with computer control that is optomized to run on 90 Octaine fuel and you run a lower rated fuel. The computer will retard the timing to prevent detonation thus decreasing effieiency.
Running 90 Octaine in a car designed for 85 will not increase your mileage. CONSISTANTLY running a premium brand with detergent additives to keep the fuel system and valves clean will increase mileage.

jtrzerocool

im sitting here reading this thread and thinking DAMN....gas is cheaper everywhere else...i guess that has to do with living in california...well i passed by the gas station today(chevron) and for regular it was $3.79 per gallon...

dragonzim

Originally Posted by teen
http:///forum/post/2523130
its like $3.23 for regular here. it cost about $70 to fill my tank now, and im getting 12.1 mpg.
Where are you filling up Teen? I paid $3.39 to fill up the other day. Get about 19 mpg in my 04 4Runner.

reeferman1

Subj: TIPS ON PUMPING GAS
>
> Here are some tricks to get
> more of your money's worth for every gallon..
> >
> Only buy or fill up your car or truck in the early morning when the ground
> temperature is still cold. Remember that all service stations have their
> storage tanks buried below ground. The colder the ground the more dense the
> gasoline, when it gets warmer gasoline expands, so buying in the afternoon or in
> the evening....your gallon is not exactly a gallon. In the petroleum business,
> the specific gravity and the temperature of the gasoline, diesel and jet fuel,
> ethanol and other petroleum products plays an important role.
>
> A 1-degree rise in temperature is a big deal for this business. But the
> service stations do not have temperature compensation at the pumps.
>
> When you're filling up do not squeeze the trigger of the nozzle to a fast
> mode. If you look you will see that the trigger has three (3)stages: low,
> middle, and high. In slow mode you should be pumping on low speed, thereby
> minimizing the vapors that a recreated while you are pumping. All hoses at the
> pump have a vapor return. If you are pumping on the fast rate, some other
> liquid that goes to your tank becomes vapor. Those vapors are being sucked up
> and back into the underground storage tank so you're getting less worth for your
> money.
>
> One of the most important tips is to fill up when your gas tank is HALF
> FULL or HALF EMPTY. The reason for this is, the more gas you have in your tank
> the less air occupying its empty space. Gasoline evaporates faster than you can
> imagine. Gasoline storage tanks have an internal floating roof. This roof serves
> as zero clearance between the gas and the atmosphere, so it minimizes the
> evaporation. Unlike service stations, here where I work, every truck that we
> load is temperature compensated so that every gallon is actually the exact
> amount.
>
> Another reminder, if there is a gasoline truck pumping into the sto rage
> tanks when you stop to buy gas, DO NOT fill up--most likely the gasoline is
> being stirred up as the gas is being delivered, and you might pick up some of
> the dirt that normally settles on the bottom. Hope this will help you get the
> most value for your money.
>
> DO SHARE THESE TIPS WITH OTHERS!
>
> WHERE TO BUY USA GAS, THIS IS VERY IMPORTANT TO KNOW. READ ON
>
> Gas rationing in the 80's worked even though we grumbled about it. It
> might even be good for us!
>
> The Saudis are boycotting American goods. We should return the favor.
> An interesting thought is to boycott their GAS. Every time you fill up
> the car, you can avoid putting more money into the coffers of Saudi Arabia. Just
> buy from gas companies that don't import their oil from the Saudis.
>
> Nothing is more frustrating than the feeling that every time I fill-up the
> tank, I am sending my money to people who are trying to kill me, my family, and
> my friends.
>
> I thought it might be interesting for you to know which oil companies are
> the best to buy gas from and which major companies import Middle Eastern oil.
>
> These companies import Middle Eastern oil:
>
> Shell........................... 205,742,000 barrels
>
> Chevron/Texaco........... 144,332,000 barrels
> Exxon /Mobil............... 130,082,000 barrels
> Marathon/Speedway…. 117,740,000 barrels
>
> Amoco..........................62,231,000 barrels
>
> Citgo gas is from South America, from a Dictator who hates Americans. If
> you do the math at $30/barrel, these imports amount to over $18 BILLION!
>
> Here are some large companies that DO NOT import Middle Eastern oil:
> Sunoco..................0 barrels
> Conoco..................0 barrels
> Sinclair..................0 barrels
> BP/Phillips.............0 barrels
> Hess.....................0 barrels
> ARC0................ ...0 barrels

stdreb27

Originally Posted by TangWhispr
http:///forum/post/2522869
I have a new H2,and a '02 H1, I am paying 3.39 for regular....and about .78 cents a gallon for diesel...I run cooking oil from a buddies business, gotta love dieselsecrets.com...The H2 isn't getting any miles needless to say
does it really work? What doesn't make sense to me why would it only recently be feasable diesel hasnt been 78 cents a gallon since I was 5.