getting a mantis shrimp

goingpoor

as most of you know i have a 240 gallon tank that decided to start leeking on me : ( but i have a 180 coming wensday and happened to come across a 48 gallon bow front acrylic of course so with my tare down of 240 ill have enought water and sand to set the new tank and the new acrylic tank so im getting a mantis for the 48 bow front,i will post pictures soon..i also have a ?can you keep corals with mantis????????

shogun323

Originally Posted by goingpoor
as most of you know i have a 240 gallon tank that decided to start leeking on me : ( but i have a 180 coming wensday and happened to come across a 48 gallon bow front acrylic of course so with my tare down of 240 ill have enought water and sand to set the new tank and the new acrylic tank so im getting a mantis for the 48 bow front,i will post pictures soon..i also have a ?can you keep corals with mantis????????
It depends on size of the coral. Mantis love to remodel. So if you place a small frag in there it will likely eventually become a part of his home. I have a couple larger rocks with zoa and mushroom colonies that he leaves alone.

the j.o.p.

mine loves to build additions all day long. i've watched her move a piece of live rock the size of a softball!! they wont kill or eat the coral just move them to where they want them. i'm cycling a 55 right now for my mantis hopefully she'll build her house in one half so i can build a reef on the othe side. we'll see. they are fascinating creatures!!!!!!!!!

goingpoor

thank you .... he is the coolest thing ever, such persanality i heard him clicking last night i bought ten litte hermit crabs for him last night when i went to pick him up,but also feed him a peice of krill this morning and he took it with no problem scared the crap out of me when he snaped at the feeding claps lol

joojoo

Lol, cool. I saw E&A had 2 of these guys for a while, I had to resist buying them cuz I have no more room for another tank!

goingpoor

Originally Posted by joojoo
Lol, cool. I saw E&A had 2 of these guys for a while, I had to resist buying them cuz I have no more room for another tank!
ya i got the big one my brother is picking his up today.you can always come over and see him lol....getting my new tank today im stoked its in know but have to wait tilll tonight for trucks :cheer:

joojoo

Awesome! Good luck with the switch over... I'm glad I'm not you right now
. Have you been running the 240 this whole time with a leaky seam?

goingpoor

Originally Posted by joojoo
Awesome! Good luck with the switch over... I'm glad I'm not you right now
. Have you been running the 240 this whole time with a leaky seam?
yes but managed to get it to stop with some stuff jeff gave me ,toor down tank yesterday and have a small and big 150 gallon pond tubes sitting in my front room its a freaking mess

joojoo

Rofl, and that's why I'm not allowed anything bigger than my 29 until I move out! O well, now you have a summer project... backyard ponds!