Getting rid of Zoa's

jeanacrouch

I have a ton of Zoanthids in my tank, and they are literally taking over, I don't like them and think they are kinda ugly. I have been reading about predators, sundial snails, and am considering getting one or two to eat them. Are they are suggestions on a better way to go about this? I posted a couple of pics so you can see what I am talking about.
Any ideas or suggestions are welcome :)
Thanks
Jeana
Attachment 230904
Attachment 230905

meowzer

Do you have a LFS....take them there for a credit...or see if you have a club by you.. I bet there are a lot of people who would like some FREE or CHEAP zoas

salt210

def dont just trash them. someone will take them. you may even be able to get alittle money off them

teresaq

I think they are kinda pretty, I love zoos in all colors. I would also take them to lfs or trade with someone for just plan rock.
T

john57

I added a cowrie to my tank a few months ago. I had it until I saw it moving over a rock I had filled with yellow star polyps and the polyps were missing as he got by. Just like a lawn mower. I didn't leave him in long enough to see if he had a taste for zoas but I would bank on it.

jeanacrouch

So, i asked the LFS about bring in some large chunks and they said they would give me like $.25 for a big chunk of them, kinda didn't seem like that would be worth the trouble. I might try it any ways, or see if there are any local people that want them.

troy989

ive seen alot of zoas for like $70 urs r probly not worth that much post them for sale on craigslist

scopus tang

Originally Posted by jeanacrouch
http:///forum/post/3126516
So, i asked the LFS about bring in some large chunks and they said they would give me like $.25 for a big chunk of them, kinda didn't seem like that would be worth the trouble. I might try it any ways, or see if there are any local people that want them.
$.25 for a big chunk?! First thing I would do is find another LFS
- yours may not be some of the expensive ones, but they're worth more than $.25 for a chunk. I'd look for other local reefers who are interested in buying or better yet might be willing to trade some of their corals for some of your zoas.

gowebster

100% of .25c is $2.50...the mark up would be 1000%..for $25 Find another LFS there crazy!!I would use them for trading stock..

freddiec

LOL @ the 25 cents for a chunk... the live rock they're probably attached to would sell for more by itself.
+1 find a differnt LFS

T

tiredoldman

Even if that price is per polyp you are getting ripped off. Shop around and show them your pictures. There are several shops I know of that would give you a lot more than that. Heck if you were close to my home I would give you more than that. Look at how much on line sources charge for them without shipping.