GGGGGRRRRRRR!! My parents are driving me OFF THE WALL!

space_geek

Okay, well here's the story. My mom ever since she started going to a college on campus instead of doing college online...she has been doing a lot of partying. Well, this has gone on for 3 months STRAIGHT now. EVERY NIGHT!! Like I am lucky if I see her 5 minutes a WEEK! NO FREEKIN LIE!!! My dad even said to her in the xmas card that he gave her that he was very proud of her and he would take her ANYWHERE in the world over the summer when my mom graduates from college. Well, my mom treats my dad like ****, and it didnt used to be that way. Its tearing our family apart. So, tonight my dad confronts her about it, and she starts yelling and cussing, and I just started balling. My parents never faught like that before and it scared the living daylights out of me. My dad never yelled or anything..he just wanted to know what was going on. I think she is cheating on my dad...she is going to parties with GUYS and drinks...and staying OVERNIGHT at their houses. And, I do the laundry and all of a sudden I am finding g-strings and thongs in the laundry pile when I go to do it. And their hers...because she is the only one who they could possibly belong to-size wise. And the worst part of it is...I ran outside in the cold with no shoes when my mom screamed to my dad, " I hate you, and I dont want to be around you Michael." I dont know what to do...I am flipping out, and dont know what to do...
Adam

space_geek

And by the way...the have tried marriage counseling and my uncle tried to talk to her after I told him, and my uncle and my mom are VERY close. I am sick of all the ---- my mom is pulling on me and all her lies.
I dont know what to do!!

colorteck

Sometimes people tend to think the grass is greener on the other side only to find out later it is not. I was married for ten years and all of the sudden the same thing happened to me and now I am a single father of four young children and there mother has not called them in almost a year.
The only thing I can suggest is to just make sure that both of your parents are ok and maybe your mother is just going through a stage in her life and things will turn around soon. I know it is hard on my kids but I did everything i could do to try to reverse the problem and it only got worse. good luck to you and lets hope this is just a stage your mother is going through.

J

jcrim

Hey space... I went through this more times than you could imagine. It sucks for you but there is nothing you can do to improve the relationship between your mom and dad. Things may get worse between them and if they do, you have to be able to handle all of the bullsh-- that you're going to deal with. It may force you to grow up a little early. That sucks but hang in there.

puffer24/7

iam so sorry to hear that, i have no idea what u should do, i wish i could tell you something but i cant

space_geek

Originally Posted by colorteck
Sometimes people tend to think the grass is greener on the other side only to find out later it is not. I was married for ten years and all of the sudden the same thing happened to me and now I am a single father of four young children and there mother has not called them in almost a year.
The only thing I can suggest is to just make sure that both of your parents are ok and maybe your mother is just going through a stage in her life and things will turn around soon. I know it is hard on my kids but I did everything i could do to try to reverse the problem and it only got worse. good luck to you and lets hope this is just a stage your mother is going through.
Thats what I am afraid of:divorce. Both of my parents are okay PHYSICALLY...and I hope this is a stage as well. My mom has been just a plain out jerk lately, and my dad does NOTHING wrong.

space_geek

Originally Posted by jcrim
Hey space... I went through this more times than you could imagine. It sucks for you but there is nothing you can do to improve the relationship between your mom and dad. Things may get worse between them and if they do, you have to be able to handle all of the bullsh-- that you're going to deal with. It may force you to grow up a little early. That sucks but hang in there.
I know...there is absolutely nothing I can do...but I am not exactly "thick shelled." I need to learn to be. Yeah, I am a quarterback on my school football team and yeah I am strong physically, but obviously not emotionally. When I get married, I am never going to do this to my children. This is a living hell.

space_geek

Originally Posted by puffer24/7
iam so sorry to hear that, i have no idea what u should do, i wish i could tell you something but i cant
Thanks Josh..

puffer24/7

no problem adam and hope everything gets well soon, it should and everything should run smoothly like it should do

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by Space_Geek
When I get married, I am never going to do this to my children. This is a living hell.
This is the best thing you can learn from this experience. Like I said, your parents will do what they're going to do regardless of what you say or do about it. But remember this experience when you make decisions in life about getting married, having kids, etc.

tangman99

That's pretty tough, but there is absolutely nothing for you to do. It's not your fault and don't try to make it your problem. It's for your parent to work through and unfortunately you are going to have to go through a pretty rough time while they do. I won't make any assumptions about what your mom is doing. It's pretty plain to see who's side you are on.
Good luck and I hope things work out for you.

space_geek

This is the best thing you can learn from this experience. Like I said, your parents will do what they're going to do regardless of what you say or do about it. But remember this experience when you make decisions in life about getting married, having kids, etc.
I am so not getting married or having kids until I know I have met the girl of my dreams...because this is just tearing me and my family apart...

space_geek

Originally Posted by TangMan99
That's pretty tough, but there is absolutely nothing for you to do. It's not your fault and don't try to make it your problem. It's for your parent to work through and unfortunately you are going to have to go through a pretty rough time while they do. I won't make any assumptions about what your mom is doing. It's pretty plain to see who's side you are on.
Good luck and I hope things work out for you.
But I feel like it IS my problem. Us kids were always bothering her...and now I think she is trying to escape it. Thanks! I hope things work out as well..but IDK whats gonna happen...

bluelagoon

unfortunately there's nothing any of us can really say to comfort you or help u to feel better about your parents, we can only let you know that we feel for you, and we hope everything turns out well. but like others have said, it's something your parents need to work out, there's nothing you can do and nothing is your fault.
but we're all here for you!

space_geek

Originally Posted by bluelagoon
unfortunately there's nothing any of us can really say to comfort you or help u to feel better about your parents, we can only let you know that we feel for you, and we hope everything turns out well. but like others have said, it's something your parents need to work out, there's nothing you can do and nothing is your fault.
but we're all here for you!

Wow..I really needed this post. I was starting to get choked up again...but I love all the people here at swf.com...you guys are awesome.

J

jcrim

Originally Posted by Space_Geek
I am so not getting married or having kids until I know I have met the girl of my dreams...because this is just tearing me and my family apart...
When I was young, it always helped me to have an outlet when the stress was crazy in the house... I used to go to the basement and play pool. Needless to say, over the years I got pretty good at pool... a lot of practice. LOL. Try to find an outlet to get your mind off the bullsh-- going on. Maybe this board is one for you...

D

dogpoor

Adam - I am truly sorry for you. It is the pits to be caught in the middle. And to watch someone you really love self destruct. You are not at fault. You cannot control your parents. But as a mother who is very close to her son I will suggest that you write her a letter. Sometimes it is easier to write it down than to talk to them. Tell her exactly how you feel and the way it is effecting you. Tell her from your heart. Be honest. Don't be mean, just honest. Hopefully she will see that you love her and care about her, and she is hurting you. Good luck! I truly hope everything works out for you.

fish_feed6

maybe your mom and dad should "take a break" basically ur dad takes a 2-3 week vacation alone. maybe your mom but if you really suspect her of cheating then dont let ur mom.

space_geek

When I was young, it always helped me to have an outlet when the stress was crazy in the house... I used to go to the basement and play pool. Needless to say, over the years I got pretty good at pool... a lot of practice. LOL. Try to find an outlet to get your mind off the bullsh-- going on. Maybe this board is one for you...
I suck at pool. lol. I think this thread is an outlet for me...I have been on most of the night trying to keep my mind off it, until I couldnt take it anymore and had to tell someone. I decided to make a thread...because I couldnt think of anything else.