glass anemones,and how to rid please help

C

chadstank

:help: i am having a problem with glass anemones,the first 10-20 was cool but now, i have aprox. 50-70 of these suckers now. i was told by that fish place, to get peppermint shrimp. so far i have put in a dozen and a half, only 3-anemones are gone and ten more popped up. what makes them grow? that fish place also told me to fill a needle with hydrogen peroxide,and shoot it in the base of them, and that will kill them. any help would be great, thanks again chad

michaeltx

joes juice, bioling water, lemon juice any of these also work.
They spread by pieces of the original anemone the tiniest of pieces can turn into another one in just a few days.
lots of patience and continueing battle you will prevail. if you dont have a syringe you can go to the vets office and tell them what you are doing withit and most will sell you a neddle no problems just keep the receipt just in case your pulled over before you get home LOL
Mike

C

chadstank

i heard lemon juice but the problem with i heard it could lower the ph, since it's acid, i'll try boiling water tommorrow. any fish that eat this stuff? why aren't my peppermint shrimp eating like that fish place told they would? thanks again chad

michaeltx

peperments are a hit and miss sometimes they dont have a taste for them. butterflies and a few others are supposed to but I always used the boiling water method injected into them and it works great.
Mike

rgf1046

I had great success with the peppermint shrimp. I was up to about a dozen large anemones, put in 2 shrimp, and in about 3 days there wasn't a trace of any left. That's all I've ever used.

C

chadstank

Originally Posted by rgf1046
I had great success with the peppermint shrimp. I was up to about a dozen large anemones, put in 2 shrimp, and in about 3 days there wasn't a trace of any left. That's all I've ever used.
can you help me get mine to eat lol i don't even see them hanging out anymore. thanks chad

C

chadstank

Originally Posted by salt_water
This fish is the cure for your headache. One of these fish could clear them out in a 24 hour period. Copper-banded Butterflyfish
https://www.saltwaterfish.com/site_11...ot_parent_id=4

it says these fish need excellent water quality. i am having a problem with nitrates,will affect thier survival? thanks again chad