Glo Light Question

meowzer

Does anyone know anything about these glo lights? I was thinking if I got one and placed it in front of my 24" dual satellite on the 54G it would make a big difference
Since the 54G is a corner bow front..finding a light to sit on top is next to impossible. I like the light I have, BUT ws thinking about just a little mroe par for the tank

monsinour

From my researching the T5 market, GLO lights are not the worlds greatest. If the fixture works and is the right size, are you willing to spend another $20 to get a better T5 bulb in it?

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monsinour http:///forum/thread/384362/glo-light-question#post_3366599
From my researching the T5 market, GLO lights are not the worlds greatest. If the fixture works and is the right size, are you willing to spend another $20 to get a better T5 bulb in it?
Possibly......I'm nott 100% sure I am gonna add another light.....I really hate the drawbacks of this shape tank though :(

rdub62

I have the 48" on my 90g.
I think it's great for fish only tanks, lights up everything.
When I was buying my I read a lot of people like using them specifically for planted tanks.
But since you already have good lights I do think they would be a nice addition. And this is one fixture I have found an abundance of bulbs on the color spectrum available very cheap, if that is important to you at all. xD

rdub62

Forgot to mention the fixture is also easily hung. Not very heavy and the attachments are just folded into the top of the fixture it's self.
Not sure if your other fixture is hanging or what but that could also help your issue with the dimensions.

meowzer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rdub62 http:///forum/thread/384362/glo-light-question#post_3366610
Forgot to mention the fixture is also easily hung. Not very heavy and the attachments are just folded into the top of the fixture it's self.
Not sure if your other fixture is hanging or what but that could also help your issue with the dimensions.
See, if I was willing to hang a unit.....I might think about a whole new unit like a 30" T5HO setup......
I just don't know what I want to do with it yet.....every few months I go thru this LOL

rdub62

This is the light mine gives off....10000 k white / blue and it reaches all corners of the tank, no matter where I place it across the top. Not sure if I am helping at all. I'd say don't buy it unless you need an extra push, Or you want to add to your color spectrum with a blue/pink bulb?

gemmy

I have one that is collecting dust, but I'm not sure of the size. I can check the size and if you want it you can have it.