goby piston shrimp

bubbas929

i need some assistance.
i just transfered over my 20 gal tank to a 75 and in the process i thought i had lost my pistol shirmp. so last week i ordered another so that the barbershop goby would have a friend. well i just looked over and the shrimp made it over (must have hid out in a live rock)
my question is will the 1 barbershop goby be able to tend to both shrimp? the established shrimp is a tiger and the one on the way (from this site) is a caribbean. or will i need to buy another goby?

salty chee

My mind is saying, "There just shrimp! It doesn't matter!" But I'm really not sure. I would generaly saying that they wpuld do fine, but still, don't take my word for it.

bang guy

The Carribean Shrimp will do OK without a Goby but it would do better with one. With the new 4' tank you may be able to house two pairs.

haze123

I dont think you can keep two pistols in a tank with out them going after each other. I might be wrong

fallinmor

it depends on the size of your tank. with 4' to work with u can house like 3 or 4 pair depending on your aquascape. they take a territory of about a square foot, the gbies are the ones you need to look out for. for instance you would need to get a differeent goby species for each shrimp the shrimp can be the same. be sure to introduce the gobies a half hour or so apart, to speed up the bonding process put the goby close to the shrimp. (shrimp always goes first to let it start a burrow).

bubbas929

thanks for all the replies. looks like i will be buying another goby to look over my new shrimp arriving tomorrow