Going to puerto vallarta

sleasia

Yes!!!I absolutely love Pureta Vallerta...I have been there twice. The first time I stayed at the fiesta americana, the second time in an older hotel called Casa del Mar (which usually has very cheap deals, like $500 for a family of four for one week with three meals included). You will want to go either scuba diving or snorkeling at los arcos. Its a twin rock formation which has some small caverns and is also just teaming with fish all around it. If you speak spanish, you can usually arrange your own deal with someone out on the docs around the hotels which is what we did, or you can take a large tourist boat. there are a number of them which leave from the main marina in town. I am jelous...If you need anyone to carry your bags just call..... :joy:

harndog

We are staying at Barcelo La Jolla de Mismaloya. It is suppose to have a boat that leaves from hotel for Los Acros. I am so excited. waiting sucks. We got a deluxe room ocen view. I would realy like to do scuba I amy try and get padi certified before I leave. Don't know just bought 72" mh set up for my 175 not sure I have enough moola lol. thanks for info. We would love to have you carry our bags lol

sleasia

Oh sorry the inexpensive place was actually called Club Meza del Mar.....Now mismaloya? I don't know if this was the very private beach we visited that had a very cool resort with basically small "huts/cottages" scattered in the trees and forest? It was very cool. It was on one of the beaches along that side towards los arcos. Its worth stopping there for a swim. Anyway you can go out with someone you negotiate a "boat day" with and they will take you snorkeling and stop along two or three beaches on the way. Los Arcos is a great place, but we had two seven year old twins and a 13 year old and only went snorkeling at that site. I do not know about some of the other places to go there. I am sure there are more. The town is great too, I think you will love it there. Also in case your interested Dennis Rodman has a huge villa on the shore behind Los Arcos. But he never even invited me over...

sleasia

Mismaloya puts you right in Dennis rodman's back yard..your right at los arcos...so this isolated beach probably was a bit further up near Yelapa? but I forget the name. ?Masaquitas??something like that. Anyway, I'm so jelous.....When the kids are all in school, I'm going back there to dive everyday for a month!!!

sleasia

Hurry up and go so I can see your underwater pics...just rent something for all of us here on the website!!! :jumping:

harndog

When in June? We are going the 12th through the 16th. thanks for all the info. also I have an underwater cam it is just 35 mm no zoom but I can swim pretty fast did well in roatan and Belieze So we should have some pics

db

The Marieta Islands were a good place to snorkel as well. These are protected islands out were the bay meets the pacific. They were tons of fish and some corals as well. The islands have tons of endanged birds that live on them. Just another good spot to check out.

babyb

in two days i leave for costa rica and will be there for 10 days. we are takeing an island tour. i am so stoked about it

sleasia

Well, I guess you know what I am going to say now......BRING US BACK SOME UNDERWATER PICS PLEASE!!!

halo_frk03

Originally Posted by Harndog
When in June? We are going the 12th through the 16th. thanks for all the info. also I have an underwater cam it is just 35 mm no zoom but I can swim pretty fast did well in roatan and Belieze So we should have some pics
were going 10th through 18th!

sleasia

Harndog...I forgot to tell you that somewhere around Puerto Vallerta is a sort of isolated thing called the "Canopy". You have to get a taxi to take you there, through the back woods, forest and then suddenly you wind up in a little isolated resort with nice restaurant and clean river to swim in...What you do there is travel from treetop to treetop on zip lines, so you basically see the forest from 100 ft up in the trees. you are harnessed to gliding handlebars and you sail from one tree to another landing on a platform thing...then the guides switch you to the next line.and off you go again...really cool. The kids loved it. I didn't go though because we travelled with another family and the wife had cancer so I stayed with her while her husband and all the kids went....They had a blast...Also you can go parasailing right off the beach around most of the hotels for about $35.00 which I thought was pretty reasonable.. I saw a giant sea turtle swimming along the surface while I was up in the parasail...

harndog

I was reading about the canopy thing I have to losen a few pounds lol. Working on it though. just a month left going to have to starve a few days i guess or run a couple extra miles lol. the wieght limit is 250 on that thing. I really want to do it though. Thanks for info on parasaliing. I am so stoked this is going to be a lot of fun.
Halo maybe we should see if we can hang out one day at least we could talk about the tanks lol. Me and the wife are always up for meeting new peeps. I haven't a clue where or when we could meet though lol. maybe los acros on a day or something.

halo_frk03

Originally Posted by Harndog
I was reading about the canopy thing I have to losen a few pounds lol. Working on it though. just a month left going to have to starve a few days i guess or run a couple extra miles lol. the wieght limit is 250 on that thing. I really want to do it though. Thanks for info on parasaliing. I am so stoked this is going to be a lot of fun.
Halo maybe we should see if we can hang out one day at least we could talk about the tanks lol. Me and the wife are always up for meeting new peeps. I haven't a clue where or when we could meet though lol. maybe los acros on a day or something.
where are you guys staying?

sleasia

Harndog....my friend's husband is around 7 feet tall...He's gotta weigh 250 or so....and he went on the canopy, no problem....they must have recently started this weight restriction thing at the canopy...Antway, hope you get to go...looked like alot of fun.