Going to the lfs saturday to get a fish! What one though?

cartman101

Should i get a grouper or lion??????????? :notsure:
I called up the lfs and they said they had a *Lottie grouper (* not sure how to spell that), never seen a *Lottie groper before.

cartman101

HOLY SH*T!!!!!!!!!!! Screw the lottie grouper i just looked it up. Very beautiful fish
But guess what! It getts to be about 3ft long and needs a 300gal tank! :scared:

mitzel

Originally Posted by surfer11
why dont you get it for until it outgrows your tank
Why get a fish you know you can't keep its whole life? What if your parents had you with the idea that once you got so big they would trade you in for the next cool looking kid they saw?

cartman101

actully i'm thinking about getting a lion, they also had a miniatus gropuer to! Yeah i wasn't planning on getting the 3 footer grouper. I'm probably going to get a volitan

jmick

Originally Posted by surfer11
why dont you get it for until it outgrows your tank
So what's the plan when it outgrows the tank? Not sure if you are kidding or serious?

schulace12

get grouper man, so many people have lions. not that many poelpe have minitas, it would be really cool, and there color is amazing

cartman101

well looks like one lion was sold today only one lion left! I'm not really sure about a grouper, dont they get extremely agressive? Wouldn't harm the sharK?

cartman101

Only about 3 more hours untill i go to the lfs!! (i was up 6am this morning exicted for getting my new fish) This is what i decided to do, if they have the lion i will get that if they dont i will get the grouper. Now are groupers really mean? Are they the beat-the-fish-up kinda fish? Whats their personality? I never took the time to research up on them.

cartman101

OMG! You gotta check out this site! They must of been on drugs while doing this site! Look what they say for tank sizes for the miniatus gropuer and the panther grouper*Illegal Link*

scubadoo

Since they recommend a 150 for a miniatus.....the size on the panther recommended is probably a typo/mistake.
Against the rules to link to other sites. Shame on u