Gold Teardrop Maxima Clam

vanquish

One of my lfs' was going out of business over the weekend, and I got a Gold Teardrop Maxima for next to nothing. The only problem is I'm not 100% sure what I need to do for it. Right now I have it under two PC lights and I'm adding Iodine and Essential Reef Elements (both liquids) and using my salt mix to provide for calcium. My numbers look good. I have Phytoplex to feed it with, but I have some questions:
1. Should I direct feed the clam or just feed the tank?
2. Is Phytoplex enough or shoud I feed Zooplex or something like that as well?
Please leave your ideas!

rabid frog

I feed mine cyclopleeze. Just feed the tank, may want to tuen pump and power head off and kind of drop it around them.

albfishin'

Calcium is very important! Just feed the tank and it should do well. I have a crocea and its doing awesome under pc's. Good luck.
PS, could you post a pic of it?????? Thx.

bang guy

1. Should I direct feed the clam or just feed the tank?
Never directly feed a clam, it can clog their gill & quickly kill them. They requite a LOT of intense light. Just feed the tank.
2. Is Phytoplex enough or shoud I feed Zooplex or something like that as well?
If you're going to feed a clam it should be live phytoplankton like DTs or your own home gron phyto. Dead phyto like phytoplex or cryopaste will also work but it's second best. Some people try to feed them zooplankton like oyster eggs or Cyclop-Eeze but they cannot eat zooplankton.

teen

are you planning on upgrading lighting? imo, that lighting isnt sufficient and phyto alone will not be enough.