Good news/ Bad news

raptor72

Good News: I just installed some egg crate yesterday to keep anything from flying out.
Bad News: My new Royal Gramma tested it out going Mach3. He's sitting at the bottom breathing hard right now, it doesn't look good.
I was fixing a loc line on one of my returns and I guess he didn't like the intrusion into his new home. Some fish are just to touchy!

raptor72

That's precision flying there. That's like speeding between two parked cars on a narrow street. Mine apparently didn't have good aim because I heard when he hit he top.

srfisher17

I like screen netting much better than eggcrate. No Gramma concussions--its soft; less light diffusion, very easy to custom install.

raptor72

That's what I had said in an earlier thread. I was thinking of using one of those DIY kits for window screens and making it fit to the top of the tank. Do you use the window screen size mesh or something with larger holes?

srfisher17

I use 1/2" mesh on my 3 big tanks, 1/4" on my reef, with smaller fish. I sent you a PM on the stuff.

raptor72

Quote:
Originally Posted by srfisher17 http:///forum/thread/384899/good-news-bad-news#post_3374337
I use 1/2" mesh on my 3 big tanks, 1/4" on my reef, with smaller fish. I sent you a PM on the stuff.
I received it thanks. I saved it as a link and will deeply consider it. I'll give this eggcrate a chance first since I already spent the money.
Did you make a one piece top or two like a glass canopy? I made my eggcrate a two piece on each side.