Good news, bad news.

deton8it

The military has decided that it is time to move again.

The bad news- I am tearing my tank down and selling everything except the lights, skimmer, pumps, and powerheads.

The good news- In a few months I will probably be doing a build thread here. Right now, all of the money that I'm making from my sales will be used on a new tank or 3 in a few months. I'm thinking of doing a SPS, LPS, and softy tank, all seperately if I can find the room at the new house.

John

snakeblitz33

I hate to hear that, John. But, it will work out in the Long run.
I can't wait to see the new build.
You might want to invest in an RO system in your next move. ;)

deton8it

Quote:
Originally Posted by SnakeBlitz33 http:///t/397549/good-news-bad-news#post_3543405
You might want to invest in an RO system in your next move. ;)
I'm already planning on it Seth. Jennifer wants to head up early and set up our sons 20 gallon at her parents house so we can take some of our favorite mushrooms. I don't think I'll have her do that though because I had to sell my favorite one on Saturday. I have my second favorite still but it isn't the same. Who would have thought that a person could have a favorite mushroom. LOL. Here is a pic of it before I fragged it over the summer. I have never seen another one like it. If you come across one like this please let me know. I want it.

gemmy

First, I want to say thank you for your service!

Good luck with the move. I think you have thought the move out pretty well.

reefraff

I hope you fare better financially from your move than my kid did. He rented a truck and trailer to haul his car and belongings and it still ended up costing more than 2 grand more than the military would reimburse for.

darthtang aw

Good luck. I am in The process of combining both business into a completely new building. I share the pain. The upside is you wont need to retain a lawyer because your landlord is being outlandish and threatening to sue you if you dont make the changes they desire before your lease is up

deton8it

Well we have an accepted offer on a house. We will go finish the paperwork on Monday. This is our 2nd attempt at making a deal.. The first house that we put an offer on was unrealistically countered. Both agents (ours and hers) thought that our offer was a good offer. The sellers agent requested extra time so she could speak with the seller face to face but the seller refused to budge on price, refused to speak with the agent face to face, wanted full price, wanted us pay closing costs, and if the appraisal came in low she wanted us to pay the difference. Add all of that up and we pulled our offer. That lady is crazy. The day that we pulled our offer on that house, this house came on the market. We put an offer in, it was countered, we accepted the counter offer. Now we have to play the waiting game for about a month for all of the inspections, appraisal, etc.. to happen. I am hoping to start my build thread in September-ish.

John

deton8it

We close on our house in about 2 weeks and move in on the 1st of August. For the time being I have been purchasing random aquarium things that are on sale as I see them. So far I have purchased a 55 gallon to be set up as a Seahorse/ Pipefish tank. I also got two 40b tanks and a 20L. One of the 40b tanks will be a LPS/zoa tank. The 20L will be a sump/fuge for the 55. I'm not sure what the other 40 will be used for. I bought all of them at the dollar a gallon sale. I also bought a 5 gallon bucket of Instant Ocean salt, 30 lbs of dry sand, and 40 lbs of "live" sand. For rock I purchased 50 lbs of Pukani, 30 lbs of Reef Saver rock, 15 lbs of Complex multi-branch Tonga, and 5 lbs of Simple multi-branch Tonga (100 lbs total). On order I have a RO/DI and some coral dip. I found a guy on Craigslist that is selling "food grade" plastic 55 gallon drums for $10 each. I'll pick those up either right before or right after we close on the house. I plan on making the tank stands but I can't really start those until we move in so I can make sure they will fit. I'm going to use the Instant Ocean salt in the 55 gallon barrels to help cure the rock. I have heard a lot of horror stories about the Pukani leaching phosphates in peoples tanks so I want to make sure it gets cured well. Here is a link to me opening the boxes of rock (and a mislabeled box). Please excuse the mess, it isn't my garage. By the way, it is hard to determine how big the rocks are but I wear a size 12 shoe if that helps. Some of the rocks are monsters.

video 1 (reef saver and Tonga) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PeTuhZLGuQc

video 2 (Pukani and wrong box) https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WFCZpDurqHc

John