GOOD OR BAD? I KNOW IT IS BIG!!

ANY IDEALS? (forgive the blue plastic plant...82yr old mama in law wanted some color.) thought he only came out in the dark,but he is out in the day now..

jay0705

That varies w who u ask. If they don't bother my fish I leave um. There an excellent scavenger

jay,thank you. i will leave,but will keep an eye on things. These fish kids traveled from sc to texas with me.Dont want nothing happening to them

ak_reefer

Yeah they feed on ditritus but keep an eye out. The larger ones like you have are agressive eater and have been known to eat fish and corals. Im not trying to freak you out just keep an eye out. I have several in my system and have never had an issue. If you do need to remove it please remember to wear gloves if you handle it. They pack a good sting.
Sent From my Frontal Lobes via TapaTalk!!

bang guy

The vast majority of the 10,000+ species of Bristleworms are beneficial.
I think you have defied the odds and have a destructive Bristleworm. It's not a danger to fish but if you have soft corals I would keep an eye on them.

jay0705

I found 3 of them in a piece of base rock I got. I researched for an hr lol before I put them in my tank.the only time I see them is when I feed my fish and they come out a bit looking for food. My royal gramma sleeps in a small piece of LR that one bristle calls home as well. No issues. Just watch your critters but id say ur fine

S

saxman

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bang Guy http:///t/394965/good-or-bad-i-know-it-is-big#post_3515727
The vast majority of the 10,000+ species of Bristleworms are beneficial.
I think you have defied the odds and have a destructive Bristleworm. It's not a danger to fish but if you have soft corals I would keep an eye on them.
Agreed...that one looks like it may be Eurythoe complanata (AKA Caribbean fireworm). Not horrible, but large specimens should be watched.