Gordon's 220 FOWLR

mumbulog

I am starting my 8th saltwater tank in 5 years. I think I enjoy putting togetheer tanks more then I enjoy having one longterm. I parted with my 155 bowfront and then setup a 44 pentagon reef that is thriving. I also have a 45 tall in my office that I built a nice bookshelf stand for. On all the tanks I have set up I never did a journal and thought it would be fun to share my journey with others.
My plan is to set this tank up as a FOWLR with 2 tanks in the stand, 1 40 gallon breeder as a refugium. I am also going to have another tank in the 20-40 gallon range as a water chenge tank.
Stock List:
Volitan Lion- He is 2 inches right now and enjoying himself in the 45 tall at my office. When I watched him eat frozen foods at the LFS, I had to get him at that moment
Foxface- have him in the 45 as well
Dogface puffer
Porcupine puffer
Panther Grouper
Hippo tang, yellow tang, or powder blue- considering 1 of the 3
Clown trigger- I have read varying opinions, should I or should I not?
Filtration- still planning the in tank flow- powerheads etc.
Lighting- still planning
I went out and bought a radial arm saw and my 2x 4' s so I could get started.
Today I cut all my 2 x 4's and framed the stand. I am over building this thing. I doubled up 2x4's for the legs, this was cheaper then 4x4,s and I couldn't find any 4x4's instock that were not treated.
The stand at this point is 40 inches tall, this will give me plenty of space in the cabinet for my components. I am going to try to add pics.

fishkid13

Good luck!! Follow this. You will need 1 huge or 2 big protein skimmers cause those fish make a mess and the puffers will usually eat the cleanup crew.