Got pics!

novice150

Well I got a new comp, and digital camera for x-mas. So here a some pics, hope you guys like em! Let me know what you think. I will have pics of the 300 reef up shortly.
my pics

S

schroder_reef

cool pics, how long have you had the Blue-Ringed???? I bet it is the most interesting!

kumiko

the blue ring is beautiful. i was reading over on the aggressive forum i believe that you were keeping him in a tank inside a tank. are you still doing that, or does he have his own tank now?

novice150

Actually it still is in its own tank (inside another tank) Its a 10 gallon, with ls and lr in it. It has a sealed top (with 100's of slots cut in in for water circ) on it with a door for feeding and cleaning.
[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: NOVICE150 ]

garyfla

Hi
Really beautiful setup!!!
I can see that the tanks are faily young
Any particular problems with the species
you've put together?I was particularly interested in the Heniochus any problems with him?
Be careful around the bluering I'm sure
you know how toxic they are.
Gary

novice150

Garyfla: Just curious, how could you tell that "some" of the tanks were young? Diatoms, algae growth, coraline? Actually the 150 is over a year and so is the 7 gallon. I bought it (the 7) from my lfs, and it was one of their tanks. I took everything, including the water. :) The 100 is only a few months old though. The 300 is over a year as well. As for the species, well Im sure that the mixture of clowns I have will raise a few eyebrows. But the have done well together for over a year. I know it could turn foul in the long run, but only time will tell. :) The black and white hemi has been in there for 10 months. He eats very well and gets along with everyone.
Fishymissy: Yeah, that's the, all too famous, controversial BLUE RING OCTOPUS!!! :) :)
[ December 28, 2001: Message edited by: NOVICE150 ]

justchillin

shouldn't have shown me the blue ring!!! ;)
what size tank do they need, any special conditons???
any info would be great...
thanks
[ December 30, 2001: Message edited by: justchillin ]

novice150

I can only tell you what I know about them. #1 your main concern is protecting yourself from them. #2 most other rules about octi apply to them (can escape easily, ink aint good, dont live long) #3 they stay very small, which means you dont have to worry about most of your fish. For instance, I have a very small blue damsel in with mine, and he wont touch it. As for food, mine eats like a pig, hermits and ghost shrimp.

D

diatom

Novice~
Nice tanks...no pics of the 300?
What are your plans for the bamboo as it grows?

novice150

Thanks all!! :)
Diatom. For the bamboo, I am planning on yet another tank :) A 500, right now he's only about 7", so I fugure I have a few months.
JustinL, On the 300 I use pc's and mh. On both the 100 and 150, just flo.

novice150

By the way. I got a pic of the 300 up. I took a bunch, but this is the only one that was even so so. I'll get better ones later.

jimi

Novice nice pics I could see the tanks are young from the lack of algae as you mentioned. Love the game room awsome mounts. I have quite a few mounts of bear, deer, and elk but nothing full size like that! :)

novice150

Thanks Jimi, appreciate it. Yeah, we love to hunt. Sometimes it can be a real pain to try to explain to someone how you can both love animals, and love to hunt. But I'm sure you can relate. :)