green carpet

tank a holic

so now the nem sits areound looking happy and all fanned out
but he has his "mouth open"?? u know with a big white bulge in the center.... is that normal?

nuro

pic?
the mouth in the middle of a larger one shoudl be visible, but it should not "puked out" of the anemone.. thats a sign of an unhappy anemone

nuro

umm.. that might be a bit odd. if im judging the size of yours right id say the mouth should be at most quarter sized. id say mine was about 7-ish" in diameter andthe mouth was about nickle sized on a normal day. and not extroverted(sp?)

tank a holic

so i've done some research and it says that if a nem's mouth stays open and is sticking out like it is that its in big trouble
so how do I know what it is thats causing him to be sick
my trates are at 5, calcium is 420, 1.026 sg, 78 degrees

nuro

that is a seriously unhappy anemone. you'll want to get your trates down asap, also what is the tempature swing in the tank?

nuro

that shouldnt be too much of a swing as long as its not drasticaly fast, chekc your levels again and id suggest soem serious water changes. the only tiem mine did this is when the power went out for a day and the temp blew up to the high 80''s. this is typical behaviour for a stressed anemone

nuro

anemones can be tough, if i remember correctly this is one of the harder ones. stability is key....
how sticky is it? that can be one way to gauge health

tank a holic

things are looking better, I'm raising my ph SLOWLY, got it to about 8.2, headed up 1 more point and he is responding well
as for sticky.... very sticky
It got ahold of part of the string on my mag float and i had a heck of a time getting it back
it also grabs my fingerand holds on tight, I was contemplating feeding it but decided to wait till all traces of white are gone
the white ball is larger at night, while during the day it is almost completly gone
still, all corals seem to be doing very well

tank a holic

this thing is a beast!!!!
he eats better than I do

so I bought a shrimp goby...
, a fire fish.....
, my green chromis....

now my first fish ever my little yellow tail blue damsel.....

so im thinking I need to get a clown that will host this, hoping it will chase others away
my tomato shows absolutly no intrest what so ever... Im thinking about getting a clarki thats wild cought (if i can find one) and see if it will take to the nem

any other suggestions besides selling the nem or stop buying fish?

tank a holic

ok so I got a 2" clarki yesterday, hopefully he'll host this beast (which i've named godzilla) and keep others away.......
now I still have my tomato, so we'll see what happens
probubly both end up gettin eaten

halamaya

Beautiful carpet!!! I have one but not nearly as bright green. He's hosted by a maroon clown, she is very happy! Luckily my clown was only guarding one corner of my tank. So they are neatly tucked away in the corner. My puffer stopped floating around at night in his sleep. After running into the anenome a couple times. I was worried he wasn't going to learn his lesson quick enough.

tank a holic

yeh, it takes em a while sometimes, the 2 fish in the last pic were in the tank for a while with the nem but are both gone now

this nem was hoasted before by a clarki so hopefully..... if not i'll try a maroon