Green Toadstool Leather from SWF

Can someone help me here. I just received a "green leather toadstool" from SWF.com yesterday and it has no green polyps at all. The entire thing is flesh colored , including the polyps. Is it normal for a green leather that is under stress to be this color and then turn green later, or is this coral just the ugly bland fleshy color?
I am very disappointed so far with my entire purchase as NONE of the 30 astrea snails I ordered have moved since entering the tank 30 hours ago and now this with the leather.
Here is a pic of what the leather looks like now, with zero florescent polyps:

meowzer

that leather looks pretty good to me.....nice polyps....You really didn't expect it to be lime green did you???

S

siptang

yea, i have one of those and it will turn more green with time.
mine does have tint of green in the blue light though.

In the LFS it was little bit more green but i guess it's still getting used to my tank. (unless my eyes were playing tricks on me)

When corals move from ocean to tank to tank it stresses them out. It has to get used to the new environment before bringing out it's true colors again. No telling how many times I've bought little brown acro frags just to put them in my tanks and the colors change and pop out greens and blues and oranges. Nothing in this hobby is instant. :D

C

cuccaro

I was very disappointed with my order too. All my nassa snails where alive star fish missing arm peperments dead and my glass brain looked horrible. They put pictures of coral up and when u get it it looks nothing like pic. I know u don't get pic but the shifting piece I got was unacceptable. Will never order from this site again

S

smartorl

Did you address this with SWF?
There are many variables involved in shipping anything that is alive and inherent risks involved, especially in times of extreme weather.
SWF knows this and does their best to make good on their livestock. I have never had any issues with calling and having my concerns or issues addressed.
I will add that I have only had one shipping problem, but have had questions about items in shipments and have found them to be very accomodating of even the oddest of questions.
I hate to come off as the jerk but so many complain but when you ask if they ever contacted SWF, the answer is almost always "no". If they don't know of your issue, how are they supposed to resolve it?

C

cuccaro

I contacted them. I got a reef pack for 59.99 only thing that I got alive was cleaner clam brittle star missing a whole leg and couple snails all my peppermint shrimp and nass snails(15) all dead. They gave me 19.99 back so I paid $40. For cleaner clam and half brittle star and some small snails(5) is that fair?

S

siptang

Doesn't really sound fair to me but at least they listened to you...
Many places will just snub.... and it's not right... but next time try to pick up from fed-ex office to get higher percentage of alive deliveries.

okiereefer2

they've stood behind their live guaranty in every instance with me..over 3years---maybe 3 issues..2 fish dead on arrival, and 1 didn't make the 15 days..Went outside to meet the fedex guy one time, heard him throwing boxes in the truck, popped out the door with my "live fish" box in his hand upside down...He got a piece of my mind...Amazes me I can get this stuff to Okla at all..