Green Water in 155 Gallon Aquarium

skeetw

I wish my promblem was easy as have a Dirty Glass. I keep my Aquarium glass clean. I changed and put the Micro Filter in my 350 Magnum. I think it is going to help and I'm going to do a 30% water change tomorrow.
Thanks
Skeetw
P.S
I need all the help I can get ..........

skeetw

My Aquarium Glass is clean ok next I use Diamond Premium Activated Carbon made by Marineland and I have used Aqu - Tech Pure Activated Carbon made by Regent. I took a glass and filled it with water and the water in the glass is Clear. If you are standing in Front of the Aquarium in can see about 1 inch in to the Aquarium.
Thanks
Skeetw

skeetw

I don't know why the water in the Aquarium is Green and I don't know why the water in the glass is clear. I know the Aquarium is clean.
Thanks for your help
Skeetw

skeetw

Ok, Ok The water in the glass wasn't all that clear but it looked better than the water in Aquarium.
Help
Skeetw

bang guy

Just my $0.02 worth...
I think if you stop those additives you'll stop killing off your diatom consumers and if you increase your circulation (a LOT!) then in a few weeks their populations will climb to the point where they will eliminate your Diatom bloom.
This isn't the quick fix, but it's the natural fix and will be a permanent cure.
The additives you are using a clumping the diatoms into an undigestible ball and your filter feeders are starving to death. The balls of algae are rotting and feeding the next bloom with their nutrients.
You can filter out the clumps if you clean your filter media every day but the bloom will probably return with the next water change.
Just a guess but I'd bet a frag that your Silicates read off the scale ;)

skeetw

I just washed my filters out again and it looked like Green Algae coming out of the Filters I can see about 3 inches into my Aquarium now. Still when I look at my Aguarium the Water looks Green.
Please help me with this 155 Gallon Aquarium
Skeetw

skeetw

This to BANG GUY You said Don't try to solve it in a day.
All I'm trying to do is get my 155 Gallon AQuarium back like was and I need some HELP.
Thanks
Skeetw

skeetw

HELP HELP Please help me with my 155 Gallon Aquarium that has Green Water in the Aquarium. What can I do to get rid of the Green Water I wash my Filters twice a day and the water that comes out of the Filters is Green as a Gord.
Someone please help me get rid of my Green Water.
Thanks
Skeetw

T

thomas712

You know I would really like to see a pic of your tank. do you or anyone you know have a digi camara that you could post a pic of this tank?
Thomas

skeetw

I will see if I can get a picture of the Aquarium.
If anyone has anything to me that might help get rid of the Green Water please let me know.
Skeetw

T

thomas712

If after 5 days of posting, and you are not listening to any of the advice given here, and you are not doing water changes yet using RO water then I have to ask, whats holding you up? Why haven't you tanken any action?
I am truly starting to believe that this whole thread is BS.
Thomas

bang guy

If you're not going to use any of the above suggestions then I recommend the only quick fix I can think of.
1 - Take your livestock and rock to the LFS and turn it in for store credit.
2 - Drain your tank and clean it up really good.
3 - Give the tank to a friend along with the store credit.

skeetw

To start with Bang Guy the person who was doing the Maintance on my Aquarium was the Manager at Pets America and he said he would take the Aquarium all the way down and start over but Pets America was selling out so he didn't have the time he had to go find a job he was the open who setup the Aquarium 6 Months ago. I thank everyone who has answered my questions I was told to give the Aquarium a few days after the last water changeand that would fix my problem. For several years I had a 55 Gallon Saltwater Aquarium and but I didn't have a problem like the one I have now. Thomas712 I have taken advise from everyone who has given me their advise. Jackief1 I do agree with you that I have been given some excellent advise and I have told everyone thanks for their help.
Thanks Again
Skeetw

timo

So you're saying you have a, oh, what was it.. a 155 gallon tank with what color water? Oh, yea, green.:rolleyes:

bang guy

"Anger is the common substitute for logic among those who have no evidence for what they desperately want to believe."
-Isaac Asimov