Guy, How do you

fishfood

How do you remove your ricordia from the rocks. The orange one i got from you probably over a year ago has finally split. It did nothing until last month when i moved. When my tank was finally set up in the new house he split into about 6 or 7 new ones. So i was just curious as to how you remove them without damaging them.
Drew

fishfood

I don't know. The rock they are on is on the bottom of my rock formation and i wanted to remove some to put in another tank and trade some out at the lfs. And since the tank has shifted to mostly sps i want to be able to remove them if i have to.

fishfood

that would be difficult without taking the rock out and that rock is the base for all my rockwork. The rock is nice fiji and is loaded with holes and most of the ricordia have planted themselves in the holes. I guess if they cause problems with my acros i'll just kalk them to death.

bang guy

I usually use a Chisel if I'm in a hurry. Using Epoxy to glue a rock next to them is the long way. Epoxy isn't very sticky and it's easy to pop the rock back off when you want to remove it.
Ricordea will absolutely kill SPS if they touch.

tigs

I vouch for ricordea killing SPS. My SPS frag took a tumble on a ric and the SPS died within 24hrs, tissue started to peel off.