Halliburton Thread

mike22cha

Well there has been little discussion on other threads about Halliburton on other threads, but no one has gotten too far into it because they don't want to hijack a thread.
So I'm happy to volunteer for the job of starting it. Please people, let's not get into other issues like Hilary Clinton, or Immigration, or Abortion, etc.
I didn't start this issue on your threads, so please don't do it on mine.
This thread is just to debate the fact of Halliburton in Iraq and if they are a heroic patriotic company or a corrupt greedy company.
Why is this important? Because they have ties with the White House and the Cabniet(we can argue over this too).
Here's some sites and links to some helpful info I found:
http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/
http://www.giveitupcheney.org/
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in575356.shtml
There's more out there but I'd like to get a good debate going.

seasalt101

Originally Posted by MIKE22cha
Well there has been little discussion on other threads about Halliburton on other threads, but no one has gotten too far into it because they don't want to hijack a thread.
So I'm happy to volunteer for the job of starting it. Please people, let's not get into other issues like Hilary Clinton, or Immigration, or Abortion, etc.
I didn't start this issue on your threads, so please don't do it on mine.
This thread is just to debate the fact of Halliburton in Iraq and if they are a heroic patriotic company or a corrupt greedy company.
Why is this important? Because they have ties with the White House and the Cabniet(we can argue over this too).
Here's some sites and links to some helpful info I found:
http://www.halliburtonwatch.org/
http://www.giveitupcheney.org/
http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2003/...in575356.shtml
There's more out there but I'd like to get a good debate going.

i'm in guess you would figure that with me huh, so why the hatred so what ---- cheney lead the worlds leader in the industry, to me that is a qualification, so he bought stocks while an employee there? why not it's a good investment, hence business smarts, he left halliburton in 99-2000 forget which, so he got together with bush and said let's recruit 19 terrorist and fly them into the wtc and the pentagon and declare war on iraq, is this how you see things?...tobin

socal57che

Originally Posted by seasalt101
so what ---- cheney lead the worlds leader in the industry, ...tobin
Looks like you'll have to refer to Mr Cheney as Richard!!!!

seasalt101

Originally Posted by socal57che
Looks like you'll have to refer to Mr Cheney as Richard!!!!

looks like it oh well

mike22cha

i'm in guess you would figure that with me huh, so why the hatred so what ---- cheney lead the worlds leader in the industry, to me that is a qualification, so he bought stocks while an employee there? why not it's a good investment, hence business smarts, he left halliburton in 99-2000 forget which, so he got together with bush and said let's recruit 19 terrorist and fly them into the wtc and the pentagon and declare war on iraq, is this how you see things?...tobin
I'm in no way blaming them for 9/11, but I am blaming them for making 11.7billion$ of the war ever since it started till '03.

seasalt101

I'm in no way blaming them for 9/11, but I am blaming them for making 11.7billion$ of the war ever since it started till '03.
and the war i believe runs 87 billion a month whats your point,thats 4 years+ so 3 billion a year for what they are doin is a rip-off...tobin

seasalt101

I knew I shoulda bought some Halliburton stock.

you would of made a killing...tobin

mike22cha

and the war i believe runs 87 billion a month whats your point,thats 4 years+ so 3 billion a year for what they are doin is a rip-off...tobin
I believe it is 100billion$ a year for the cost of the war. 11.7billion is the profit made, seems like a lot to me. Heck I think the average American would be happy with 1 mil$.

crimzy

...so he got together with bush and said let's recruit 19 terrorist and fly them into the wtc and the pentagon and declare war on iraq, is this how you see things?...tobin
Why is it that every Bush supporter claims that we went to war in Iraq in response to 9/11? One had nothing to do with the other.
BTW, how about the Taliban's resurgence in Afghanistan? Oh, maybe that's an issue for another thread.

seasalt101

I believe it is 100billion$ a year for the cost of the war. 11.7billion is the profit made, seems like a lot to me. Heck I think the average American would be happy with 1 mil$.
ok i never went to iraq so that's out there, i know the domestic side better as that is what i did, local job, 20 hrs. to do the job lets say it takes 8 pumps to do the job at 1500. an hour for each pump, 2 nitrogen trucks same cost +materials, 1 blender same cost + materials, 1 acid transport 1000. an hour + materials, sand truck, 1000. an hour + materials, 1 command center truck 1500. an hour, 2-4 pick-up trucks 150. an hour 20 regular employees at 100. an hour, 3 supervisors at 150. an hour, an engineer at 150 an hour, this is what is paid to halliburton for a regular job it is the going rate...tobin

seasalt101

Originally Posted by crimzy
Why is it that every Bush supporter claims that we went to war in Iraq in response to 9/11? One had nothing to do with the other.
BTW, how about the Taliban's resurgence in Afghanistan? Oh, maybe that's an issue for another thread.
they just killed a 165 of them at the cost of 1 u.s soldier and 4 injured...tobin

socal57che

Originally Posted by crimzy
I supported (and still do) the invasion of Iraq. The US was the only country to take a stand and enforce the many disregarded UN resolutions. Other countries then backed our decision. Like our own governing body the UN is corrupt and overlooked it's own findings to line some pockets.

seasalt101

I supported (and still do) the invasion of Iraq. The US was the only country to take a stand and enforce the many disregarded UN resolutions. Other countries then backed our decision. Like our own governing body the UN is corrupt and overlooked it's own findings to line some pockets.
...tobin

seasalt101

oh i should mention this the cost i gave you are from 2005 when oil was hovering at about 60.00 a barrel it's now somewhere around 80.00...tobin

mfp1016

Last I checked, businesses are in the business of making money. I don't care if they made $1 trillion dollars off the war. They deserve it. Perhaps some of you feel we should socialize gasoline, and plastics. In which case we would all get to line up in a DMV-long line in order to receive our gallon of gas and plastic spork. I'll also say, that as someone who works in the oil industry I would regard Halliburton as one of maybe one companies that could do their job.

On a different note, its interesting to see Democrats from Texas and Republicans from Illinois, ecetera; breaking stereotypes of their respective states. Just thought this was kind of interesting. Being a Republican in California I feel very under-represented on a state level, I'm sure some of you do too.

mfp1016

Also, let me add why Halliburton is the only company who could do the job they do. They're HUGE! Since its beginning Halliburton has grown and eaten up companies, thus allowing them to get their hands on most of the technologies and IP involved in what they do. No other company owns as much IP as they do and as such any other company would have to pay Halliburton for use of 90% of the technologies they would employ if given the chance. Kind of cyclical isn't it. I'm basing this opinion off of years in the industry as chemical engineer, actually doing/managing the kinds of things Halliburton does (I work for a rival company). I am not relying on www.ihateconservatives.com or www.^^^^^^.net or www.cheneyisrichandimjealous.org

seasalt101

Originally Posted by mfp1016
Also, let me add why Halliburton is the only company who could do the job they do. They're HUGE! Since its beginning Halliburton has grown and eaten up companies, thus allowing them to get their hands on most of the technologies and IP involved in what they do. No other company owns as much IP as they do and as such any other company would have to pay Halliburton for use of 90% of the technologies they would employ if given the chance. Kind of cyclical isn't it. I'm basing this opinion off of years in the industry as chemical engineer, actually doing/managing the kinds of things Halliburton does (I work for a rival company). I am not relying on www.ihateconservatives.com or www.&&&&&.net or www.cheneyisrichandimjealous.org

glad to see someone else here that knows about the business, it's just a shame people can't see what they are doing is supporting our troops and and humanitarian work ove there, may i ask if you work for bj, or weathorford, i'm assuming it is one of the larger operations and where as i have contracted for all of them, all overthe country, i may have met you before...tobin

mfp1016

Also let me add that although they be making some insane profit off of their Iraq endeavours, I think I remember reading somewhere that they are still in the red when looking at the whole company.