Halo's 28JbJ Reef/Invert Nano Diary

subielover

Sounds like you have found a nice place to do business with.
Kat-I will have to hold you to it. My tank should be set-up in May, so in the meantime, I will just be stopping in on everyone else's thread to say hi

K

kat74

Originally Posted by subielover
http:///forum/post/2536047
Sounds like you have found a nice place to do business with.
Kat-I will have to hold you to it. My tank should be set-up in May, so in the meantime, I will just be stopping in on everyone else's thread to say hi

It DOES sound like a nice place to do business with!~

and hold me to it... I'll be on the look-out for your tank thread! Until then... see ya around the Nano forums!~

halostalker

k so u can see my sps growing a bit its getting bigger each day=P, my zoo baby isn't a baby anymore and hes coming out and shinning, and there is a new baby but its hard to show.
My ric has two mouths now???? lol

halostalker

hes pretty cool comes out usually at night to eat algae off of the rockz, he really looks cool under moonlights to bad pics don't come out.
hes finding a new hole so when he comes out he has a new patch of algae to feed on. the last pic i bumped the tank and he curled up all scared lol oh also he has a funny little red tail.
so far he passed right next to my hermit and the hermit wasn't scared so im guessing hes harmless if i start noticing bite marks on my coral or missing inverts i'll watch out for this guy and remove him or i'll buy a coral banded shrimp to take care of him lol;
more pics later i'll try to open up my black sun coral.

K

kat74

OMG!! I would sooooo freak out if I saw a worm like that in my tank!~
That's not "pretty"..... your mandarin is "pretty"..... THIS is not "pretty". I am sooooo glad that my tank is in my office at work and I don't see the stuff that comes out when the lights go out. I probably would never put my hands in the tank ever again! I guess when I set my tank up at home I can take a peek if I feel brave enough to see what goes on at night.
Anyway.... I absolutely love your ric and those zoas! Did you get them at your LFS or did you order those online? And your little SPS - I know you're proud of it!
I can't wait to see the sun coral pics!~

Great pics!!~

halostalker

actually having a blue worm is rare, i guess there are alot of red ones. Hey its more scared of me then anything even if i do stick my hand in it tries running way and hiding its not aggressive at all, lmao it is a little brave coming out in the middle of the day heheh. if u ever seen a large feather duster worm it looks just like my blue one except they usually come in greens.
I got my coral from Redspot321 hes a great guy, i know that only half of the coral i got survived but that was a fluke on my part i guess they didn't ship well or idk they just didn't like my tank=( but i will be trying to get another order from him in a couple of weeks.

halostalker

k thats the shroom i threw in at the start its in the whole and is 3 times as big as it was.
my GSP and then my 2 black some polyp's which are 3 now u guys see the baby.
and look at the micro algae grow..

halostalker

K Kat thats for u, a red fire worm and me spot feeding my blue worm lmao he crabed the tube with his mount and ate a whole serving of what i fed my sun coral. to bad i can't take pics with my left hand or else i would show u how far he stretched for the feeding tube.
Also thats the best i can do with the Sun coral they do extend more but i was feeded them the whole time to get them out in the first place so i guess they were lazy, i love it when they beg b/c there tenicles are so long. Also notice the green mounts pretty cool.

blazin2k6

Wow that black sun coral is awesome. Remember you need to spot feed it as much as you can and it will grow fast :) wish you luck on that. AND THAT blue worm is pretty cool. I have plenty of the red ones and some other wierd color ones and even one with antennaes all around its mouth but no blue ones. KAT74 i'm sure you got fireworms in your tank as well. Everyone probably does and i never have found out how to get rid of em. I got a HUGE one that lives in the same cave as where my shrimp goby and yashia stay. So mabe thats why i hear the popping noise so often. HAHAHA. Love that popping sound. SO LOUD. great job so far on your tank Halo.

J

jamiegrl

awesome job with the tank!!
the suncoral is so cute!! i had some but i was terrible at feeding it n had to give it away
cant wait to see it when it grows!!!
now im curious what does the "popping noise" mean??
do these worms make popping noises?

nwdyr

I have a few of the worms also! I wanna know now too if that's what is making the noise..I just figured I had a mantis shrimp
But nothing is ever missing
I have had soooo many bad hitchikers I have just learned to roll with it! I started a new thread for my Fragg tank, check it out. It's under Nano tank's. Titled my 40gal fragg tank.

halostalker

Nope the worms make no noise. the thing hes talkin about is a pistol shrimp they are almost harmless. nun to worry about usually.
oh man i can't sleep. invert package tomorrow and a friend of mine who sold me the rock will see if he can get me a superman milli which i hear is really beautiful and rare