hammer/frogspawn

baddlord77

any ideas.......the frogspawn is very large but several skeletons are vacating while other arms are doing excellent.....My hammer is also splitting...but one arm also is vacating or dieing...not sure..it has liquid spewing from the head of somesort

bang guy

Are there other LPS in the vacinity?
Are there any large Leathers up current from the Hammer? Wocka could be on to something.

bang guy

I can't see any problems in the pics. Is there a significant water flow difference between the healthy branches and the dying branches?

baddlord77

pic5 I have recently moved powerheads as to not damage the frogspawn's feelers..they were rubbing way to much on their skeleton body damaging some of their arms........so it's a little more intese. The colt coral is the only other in the general area...w/in a few inchs...........hammer is on the other side of the tank..........long ways away..this last pictures shows they're close together......but will this affect them ?

baddlord77

No...the current is very good 4 ph's inside ...circulation is very good......2 of them 802's....and 2 1 1/2 inlet bulkheads.......no.....water is good....everything tested fine.....feeding them twice a week w/ a syringe w/cyclo and playkton...i did originally think i fed them to close after i saw one batch of arms falling apart...i noticed my small hammer do the same....except for 2 arms on the hammer that look excellent and are splitting....

dragonboy

I think sometimes there isn't really a reason to where we can actually find out why they die, but as long as you got some left you can try to have those split into more branches.

baddlord77

Just an update......after i removed dead arms as the board suggested...the dieing ones died but have new considerable growth on the hammer from the one that survived. And the frogspawn that i had separated also has made a comeback but not the dieing pieces. I will tonight, post a few more pictures.

stuckinfla

Were they new? Could it have been some type of bacterial infections or infestation? By breaking off the dead/dying branches, you might have prevented it from spreading. Not my opinion, just a suggestion. Im glad to hear the others are doing ok!

S

sebae0

when i first added my frogspawn and hammer i had the same thing happen with no real reason as to why, i only lost one head on each and since then the frog has split 3 times and the hammer has recovered.