Hang on protein skimmer

pjconklin80

I have a 75 gallon tank, no sump, and this morning got pissed off at my Sea Clone 100 protein skimmer. I hated it since I bought it last year, finally broke down and cracked it.
What is the best hang on style protein skimmer? From what I can tell from various reviews it appears Bak Pak or Prizm?

max42

What is the issue with the seaclone 100? I ask because I just got one and set it up yesterday. The thing i didn't understand was how to get the foam started. The "valve" they supplied didn't seem to work. I tried a

[hr]
valve from my drip line and it lets me adjust the airmixture. I now have foam started. I hope I understood how this is supposed to work. Thoughts?

jrod4u

All I can say is that I have a Aqua C Remora and I just plugged it in and have not been happier.

pbnj

I originally bought a Prizm HOB skimmer for my 75g. It does works, but it doesn't even come close in terms of providing enough skimming for 75 gallons.
I added a sump and an ASM G3 and stuck the Prizm on my 10g refugium. The ASM removes in 2 hours what the Prizm removed in a week.

bluetang66

I bought a Prizm for a 75 and have never been happy with it. Google 800s and 100f octo. and do a search here. I'm probably going to go with the 800s. If it's as good as it seems I don't think I'll have to upgrade again.

meowzer

I have a couple of seaclones, and have had no problems....I DO plan on upgrading though as soon as I finish buying EVERYTHING else I keep finding out I need.

Prizism is horrible and extremely loud, have a friend who has one and replaced as soon as he open the new one he got from his wife for Christmas LOL. I agree with "X" go with the Octo, they have better rating and seem tothe best you can get.