Hard to believe it actually survived!!!

indy2009

I recently moved from Indianapolis, IN to Wausau Wisconsin, night before I left I broke down all 3 of my tanks 1 saltwater, 1 freshwater, 1 brackish. My main concern was the saltwater fish, coral etc, it was along 10 hour drive I finally arrived to my destination around 1130pm, tired, exhausted from the drive first thing to unload was the saltwater crates set them up got the powerheads going but forgot to put the heater in the fish crate,
went to bed woke up late morning, anyone from up north would know it gets chilly in late August here (I didn't know that) well I lost 5 fish and one was a female clarkii the male survived (paired) I got all my tanks set up over that weekend and had to head back to Indianapolis for 2 weeks to finalize my house closing, I arrived back Sept 2nd early morning after driving all night...and of course first thing I checked was my saltwater tank..everything looked great..started to feed the fish, and to my surprise coming out of a hole in the live rock a baby Clarkii about a 1/4 inch in length..I could not believe what I was seeing, I first thought maybe it was something else, what I don't know but a baby Clarkii!! and how it survived I was just amazed, now it is doing fine, about 2 inches in length...

indy2009

The strange thing about it I never had that fish.. I had the paired clarkii's and also a paired cinnamon, the cinnamon paired would attach eggs all the time, I never saw eggs from the clarkii's..Clarkii's had the left side of the tank and the cinnamon's had the right side of the tank and they both have there own LTA's so I'm assuming she must of laid eggs that I didn't see and one survived..I still cannot believe it..