Harlequins Coming Tomorrow:)

F

fishlovr

Here's the latest pic of my new harley's:) The female didn't want to share a meal (she chased him away) so had to give the little male his own leg......
Janey

danrw84

thats so cool.
so thats a choc chip star you fed them?
just cut off peices? How often do you have to feed?
and are the choc chip stars destructive in a refugium?
do the HAR shrimps harm other shrimp? cleaners, sexy shrimp, etc?
i would really like to get one.
what are the odds of throwing 2 seperate ones together and having them not fight? not too good?

F

fishlovr

This is all new to me, so I don't have all the answers. Yes, I fed them a choc. chip star. I have read that 2 can go through about 1 a month. I have no other shrimp in my tank so don't know if they would be harmful to others. As for the refugium, I keep my chips in a 6 gallon eclipse with a blue damsel. I'm sure others will respond that know more than I do. My 2 harleys are not totally compatible yet. The bigger one (female) gives the smaller one (male) a hard time. When the lights just went out, she went over and stole his little leg. I went down with my hemostats and picked up the starfish she had and gave it to the male. Beginning to wonder if I truly have a "pair" or not. Going to investigate the difference again. I think one of the sexes has blue somewhere that the other one doesn't.......time will tell:) Even if I have to take one back to the LFS having just one would be okay.
Janey