have i already messed up?

jared_p

well after lettnig the hydrometer sit in the tank over night i test the water 5 times every time got the exact same result witch was pretty low i think 1.017 so i added some more salt and will test agian tomorrow. then i plain on buying about 30lbs of dry florida base rock. not sure what the florida rock looks like but im hopping itlooks pretty good. then add about 30lbs of live sand and over th next few weeks add around 20-30lbs of live rock.

jared_p

ok well my levels are basically perfect right now but then agian the tanks empty lol but still nice to know the water it self is good. i have about 3cups id say left in the bag of salt but iv measured the SG 5times and got the exact same result witch was 1.023 so im thinking it wont be but a few days untill rock and sand are in and then the fun will start. fun meaning all kinds of wainting water changes and testing water lol.

jared_p

lol will be intressting.
anyone have any expirence with florida dry base rock?
iv seen one or two pictures whats it like a good choice for $0.89 a pound?

mch2o

not sure but i like dry lace rock it looks real nice and you can make some sweet rocks out of it.
If you go look at m DT on the bottom left that cave that is 2 lace rock put together with poxi.