Have no idea what it is ???

xbeccax

We had a saltwater tank years ago and decided to do one again this summer. I recently have something growing off a live rock and I can not find it with searching so I thought maybe someone could help me out. Its growing right off the live rock and I dont know if its some type of plant, algae , or ?? Or is it good or bad in anyway ( which I doubt) Thanks for any help.
Becca

mr. limpid

looks like the macro algae Flowers has in her tank. Macro algae are god to have in your tank, and that looks perty.

xbeccax

Thanks for the help guys. I am going to lean more towards algae. Mushroom coral isnt thin like this is ( I dont think anyways). Its almost transparent in certain spots because its so thin. I tried finding algae originally just couldn't find any that matched.

spanko

Species Name: Peyssonnelia sp.
Range: Circumtropical
Natural Environment:
This form of algae lives in both deep and shallow reef areas.
General Husbandry:
A coralline-like species. Encrusting; dark red to maroon; edges look like old peeling paint. Prefers lighted areas, moderate current. Excellent alga!

xbeccax

Bang guy,
I searched and found a few pics of the fauchea sp. and you are right thats what it is. Thanks for the help guys.

gemmy

And that is why I should not try to identify things from my phone. Great job with the ID!