have you been injured by your livestock?

jacknjill

d12 is right i think. but it also depends on the anenome. some are deadly poisonous and some really arent that bad. only to certain fish. i touch mine all the time for feeding and one time i had to pick it up and move it

minitrucke

I have been reading this thread and found it kinda amusing.....until now. I got a nice kole tang 2 days ago and I have a cave in my rock work that I guess he has made his home. There are 2 turbo snail shells in that cave and I wanted to get them out and didnt think twice about reaching in the cave and grabbing for the shells. The kole freaked and stabbed me with the spike on its tail. That hurt like hell!! My finger swelled up and my whole hand hurt all the way up my arm and into the right side of my chest. That was last night and still my finger is swollen and the area around the prick is still white. The bad thing is that I had my tank and filters apart and I had to put everything back together with one hand while trying to stop the bleeding on my other hand. lol

d12monkey

Originally posted by JacknJill
d12 is right i think. but it also depends on the anenome. some are deadly poisonous and some really arent that bad. only to certain fish. i touch mine all the time for feeding and one time i had to pick it up and move it

I believe the reason for that is the concentration of the neurotoxin in the nematocyst. For example... The nematocyst of the Box jellyfish has the highest concentration of neurotoxin in any organisms of the Phylum Cnidaria, it has one of the high kill rates for the species. It's very deadly in in small amounts and it can have trailing tentacles in excess of 25 ft.

jay_blu

Every time I put my arm in my tank my four yellow tail blue damsels constantly pick at my hair. I don’t think they really pull them out but it feels like they do. My wife really love watching them pick on me cause there so small and there not a bit scared.