Hd movies?

quakstar

if you play video games at all get a play station 3 it is an awsome game system and comes with a blu ray player stock it is an A+++ Buy

indyws6

Let's split the difference on opinions on cables...
Cables built with better quality components are, well, better - BUT most people don't have the component setups that demand that kind of quality. Ultra-cheap cables are usually just that - ultra-cheap. But if you connect the cable one time, never move it and it always works, that's good enough for a lot of people.
I decided to try and find cables that were built well but at a reasonable price and ran across RCA branded cables at Meijer. They are made well but cost significantly less than similar Monster brand items. They were tagged as "digital quality", which is obviously just marketing hype, but I was very pleased with the value. They weren't cheap - it cost me nearly $500 to connect all of my components (numerous RCA, Digital Optical and HDMI connections) - but that is less than a third of what I would have paid for Monster brand cables.
If you just want a decent quality cable at the lowest price, check http://www.monoprice.com. They have everything audeo/video related at a fair price. As an example, I bought a wallmount bracket for the 27" LCD fin my bedroom for $11 (seriously!). A similar bracket was almost $50 at Meijer and about $75 at Best Buy, HH Gregg, etc.
Hope this helps...

drpaul84

Originally Posted by indyws6
http:///forum/post/2835583
Cables built with better quality components are, well, better - BUT most people don't have the component setups that demand that kind of quality. Ultra-cheap cables are usually just that - ultra-cheap. But if you connect the cable one time, never move it and it always works, that's good enough for a lot of people.
I decided to try and find cables that were built well but at a reasonable price and ran across RCA branded cables at Meijer. They are made well but cost significantly less than similar Monster brand items. They were tagged as "digital quality", which is obviously just marketing hype, but I was very pleased with the value. They weren't cheap - it cost me nearly $500 to connect all of my components (numerous RCA, Digital Optical and HDMI connections) - but that is less than a third of what I would have paid for Monster brand cables.
If you just want a decent quality cable at the lowest price, check http://www.monoprice.com. They have everything audeo/video related at a fair price. As an example, I bought a wallmount bracket for the 27" LCD fin my bedroom for $11 (seriously!). A similar bracket was almost $50 at Meijer and about $75 at Best Buy, HH Gregg, etc.
Hope this helps...
also www.firefold.com is awesome, really great prices and awesome group of people work there, best customer service EVER!
and yes if you do any sort of gaming just get a ps3, best bang for the buck if your wanting bluray and also would play video games

groupergenius

What monitor are you going with? Blue ray schmoo ray. If you new set ain't 1080P...it's all the same IMHO.
I got Samsung 61" DLP 1080p playing from a PS3. The picture is pretty darn good. The PS3 is a PITA to work with. It's like brain surgery to get it to even come on right. Maybe I have a DUD.
But browsing through the local MegloMart, they have the Sony Vizio set up with the Sony Blue ray. I have to stop and stare for a while because it is so awsome. I swear I can smell the flowers......
Anyway, when we cruise BlockBuster....we only pick Blue Rays....it really is that much better. Definitely HDMI cables also.

chilwil84

ps3 and the best part about it is as sony makes updates to blueray players the ps3 software is updatable and for free.

rotarymagic

Originally Posted by morval
http:///forum/post/2832636
just buy a PS3 it plays everything. dvd, bluray, cd's, you cant pt ur digital pics on it, ur mp3 music, oh and you can play video games if ur into that
yeah... I pity the fool that owns BOTH a PS3 and stand alone blue ray player...

rebelprettyboy

Originally Posted by GrouperGenius
http:///forum/post/2838361
What monitor are you going with? Blue ray schmoo ray. If you new set ain't 1080P...it's all the same IMHO.
I got Samsung 61" DLP 1080p playing from a PS3. The picture is pretty darn good. The PS3 is a PITA to work with. It's like brain surgery to get it to even come on right. Maybe I have a DUD.
But browsing through the local MegloMart, they have the Sony Vizio set up with the Sony Blue ray. I have to stop and stare for a while because it is so awsome. I swear I can smell the flowers......
Anyway, when we cruise BlockBuster....we only pick Blue Rays....it really is that much better. Definitely HDMI cables also.
Those new Vizios are dang awesome. If ur talking about the same ones that have been on the commercials.
Im gonna have to get one soon!

bronco300

well its hard to say...i dont really want to waste money on a PS3 if I'm not going to play it when there is one for half the price ya know...i was hoping best buy would have a black friday sale on the ps3 because we have a gift card there...but they just kept the price and added a game and movie....the tv we're getting is just a panasonic 53" projection....believe its 1080p

aw9906

Originally Posted by rebelprettyboy
http:///forum/post/2838512
Wat r the ps3 nows? 399 still?
WalMart just had them for $399 and you get a $100 gift card. I was going to get one but they keep making them worse and worse. When PS2 came out I got one and have like 20 games. I really don't have time to play alot anymore so I would get one maybe two games ever for PS3. Since they no longer play older games as well as removing other features I personaly couldn't justify the extra money. If you were going to play it alot though it would be a no brainer to go PS3.

flip_x

id rather buy a blu-ray/hddvd player for my computer for $120 and hook it up to my tv.. thats the ultimate setup for games and multimedia.. well atleast if u have the computer for it..
reason why i say the blu-ray/hddvd.. i supported hddvd and have alot of movies.. sony was just smarter on their half lol.. oh well.

stdreb27

Originally Posted by indyws6
http:///forum/post/2835583
Hope this helps...

$500 holy crap how many cables did you buy?

thenamshow

most video cables are created equal, HDMI is a must, I have seen a blu-ray player hooked up with composite, and its god awful. this is why I am happy that sears (where I work) no longer carries monster cables. try and get the sony model 350 blu-ray player, if your not getting a PS3, I have seen a lot of them returned because they stopped playing blu-rays.