Hello, Everyone!

Wow! You guys don't know how excited I am! I have felt totally alone in this hobby for so many years. How great it is to finally find people that are interested in the same things as me!:D But, I am having trouble setting up my thread design the way that everyone has done theirs. I love the picture caption under the code names and want to get mine right before I start posting any more threads. Will anyone be willing to spend some time to work with me through the process so that I can set mine up nicely also?:confused:

karajay

WELCOME :)
You need 25 posts before you can get a pic under your name (an avatar)
Then just go into your user cp (at the top), edit options, and you can use anything 50x50 pixels.

calvindo

WELCOME! :) i'm glad i found this site, in a way... :( havent missed a day, since discovering it, 2 1/2 months so far. hehehehe :D

This is so touching just knowing that people so far away are willing to help me.:) Thanks karajay and Marine Fanatic for such a quick response to me. I already feel like you are friends.:D

calvindo

hey......... what about me??? :(
yea, the folks on here are awesome! i would never gotten into this hobby without them.

lovethesea

Welcome, there are lots of people who know lots of things.
Get your digital camera ready, we like TONS of pictures. :D

michaeltx

Hey welcome to the board there are a lot of nice people here and are all willing to help anyone.
tell us a little about your system??
Mike

This is just a little thank you for all the people that have taken the time out of their busy lifes, To take the time and help people who have no clue about a few things going on in the world of salt water tanks. Well on that note THANKS PEOPLE
Just a freak.

Cool!:cool: I could get hooked on doing this. Man, I really need to be sleeping to get ready for all those kids tomorrow; but, I am so entranced with this message board and the wonderful responses that I can't seem to wind down!:) I just keep logging out, then returning to see if anyone has said anything to me. Sometimes I take too long to type my response and others come in; but, for now I would like to respond to the two I have read.
First, lovethesea, believe it or not I just bought a digital camera and have learned to place pictures in my file.;) I can't wait to start showing some pictures.
Next, MichaelTX, I know that this isn't the cool way according to what I have been reading for the past few months before I registered with this board; but, I have an undergravel filter with power heads and a canister filter.:( I'm embarrased with how this sounds; but, I really have a nice tank in my opinion. My goal for the future is to use this one as a hospital tank and get a 55 gallon bow front in its place.:cool: I'll try to get some pictures up and running tomorrow when I come home.
Thanks to both of you for talking to me.:)

Sounds like you are on your way to upgrading (which is always nice).
A UGF does have it's drawbacks but you sound like you will be replacing it soon.....smart :)
And as stated above.....post some pics when you can......nothing beter than some pixel eyecandy. hehe

Since I got into this hobby 8 years ago, I have to admit along the way I have lost fish.:( The lady that told me how to set things up at that time said undergravel filters were the only way to go.
Although, I have enjoyed my tank it has been a really huge expense. After she went out of business, there was no one to help me with salt water since everyone only sold fresh water fish.:confused:
For the past 2 years, I have been purchasing from my local fish salesman; but, I have had conflicting suggestions.
Even though I certainly don't have the beautiful reef systems I have seen displayed on this board, I am not giving up hope of having one someday.
I have tried to post a picture of my puny but loveable tank. I hope it works.;)

kreach

Welcome to the board!

You'll find that most everyone here is nice and more than willing to help. Good luck!

How nice to finally get time to check the board only to find such wonderful greetings from everyone!:) Thanks, for making me feel welcome and part of the group.
Kreach and waterfaller1, I really wish I knew how to post such cool animated characters. They are out of this world.
Maybe someone will explain to me?:confused:

Originally posted by rbmount
Hey Lifefreak, where you live in S.C.? I'm in Clover :rolleyes: , just south of Gastonia,N.C.

hey man I live in Hartsville SCnot to far from ya i dont think...