Hello!

Cyrus Stinson

I like the idea of a clown better than a damsel for sure. I am just concerned about adding more than one fish to start. I already crashed my tank once from adding too much too soon and I don't want to have that happen again. I'd love two clowns but I don't know how risky it is to add two at once

lmforbis

I always liked the idea of two clowns but I don't want the aggression that goes with a breeding pair so I have always stayed with one. I think you can add another clown later as long as the second one is really small.

jay0705

My false percula clowns are not aggressive at all. They are a breeding pair bc they always have eggs. Its your call, but once established clowns can get aggressive when a new clown is added. 2 clowns wouldn't do much to your 60 gal, as far as cycle wise aslong as thats all your issue was

Cyrus Stinson

Hey all. I thought I would update those of you who were kind of following along my start up journey. As of right now this is what my tank is looking like.
Everything has been looking very good!

Last edited:

lmforbis

The tank is looking nice.
I'd suggest returning the tang. Your tank is way too small for a tang especially a hippo tang. They get to about a foot long and grow fast. More importantly they need at least a 6 foot long tank. They will get very stressed in a small tank which will lead to stress which leads to disease and aggressive behavior.

Kristin1234

I didn't even watch the video till now. Yea tank looks nice but that tang will outgrow it quick or get stressed like forbis said.

I thought though your tank crashed and you were restarting and taking it slow. Or am I thinking wrong person?

Cyrus Stinson

It's been cycling for about 3 more weeks. I've been working with a friend of mine that does saltwater as well and taking the water to be tested. It cycled, had its spikes, had the blue green chromis in for a solid week. Then went ahead with more. When I drained, I did a large water change but didn't go down below the rocks.i won't be adding anything else for a while. Want to see how all does for a couple ore weeks.
I've been testing every two days still and with the additions we are still seeing the right levels.
All appears to be good though. The corals are growing so fast which has been cool to watch.
Just wanted to share what's been happening. I appreciate all the replies!