HELP!! Anenome moved !!

scarybo

I need the advice of Anenome experts. I have had a bubble tip anenome for the past 10 months. It has been eating good and growing. About a week ago it starting acting strange. It stopped eating as much as usual. It still looked okay so I wasnt too concerned. Two nights ago it started moving slowly. Today it has moved totally into a rock cave behind the rock work. My maroon pair are totally upset. To move it back into the light I would have to dismantle that corner of rocks. Should i do that or wait a couple of days. I heard that is what they do before they split, but I have no experience to base that on. It has never moved in the time I have had it. I havent changed the water flow in that area, and my tank water conditions are "right on". Any advice would be greatly appreciated before my clowns and me loose it.

scarybo

Patience.. patience..patience.
Okay..I'll leave the bubble tip alone and keep receiting the above.!!
Thanks for the fast reply and advice. I'll really appreciate it.

phoenixinx

Interesting.
I'm still in a Fish only tank, and keep holding myself back from going reef.
Stories like this are just amazing! Do keep us up to date on what happens!

harley387

Sounds a lot like my beloved Tiger Pistol shrimp. I saw him for the first 10 seconds that I had him, now I just hear clicks and see tunnels.

T

thomas712

Were the maroons over hasseling the BTA? just curious.
Could be he is still on the move, and I agree with the others just leave him be for now.
Thomas

scarybo

The maroons have been with the BTA since I got it. I can still see a few tentacles from behind the rocks and they look okay. I'll let you know if anything changes.

scarybo

Nope.. no changes.
Still hanging out in the rocks (buried deep). Tenticles are still inflated. Looked at it in the rocks and still looks real healthy. Not bleached, good color. Hopefully it will go back thru the rocks to the proper home.

scarybo

looked into the crevice he is hiding in. Still looks okay, but hasnt come out yet. Should I worry now or give it several more days to move into the light.

wintrmte

Originally posted by harley387
Sounds a lot like my beloved Tiger Pistol shrimp. I saw him for the first 10 seconds that I had him, now I just hear clicks and see tunnels.

LOL I know how you feel. We've got one as well, but I do see ours when the lights go out in the tank.
Every now and then he'll come out and get a piece of brine shrimp. But, I know he's still alive because when we wake up in the morning the sands been shifted around and he's been cleaning his house out (under our LR).. lol

scarybo

Thanks Bang for the reply,
I will feed her tonight and take your advice and just monitor the situation. That's the one thing about this hobby, you always want to react to a situation and it is not always the best thing to do. i wish I could take back all the times I did something before getting advice.

buzz

What kind of current and lighting do you have? Any changes in water parameters?
Sometimes anemone's just move...if it isn't getting the right current or lighting, it will move again. If you want to assure it will move, redirect a powerhead in it's general direction. If it has too much current there, it will move again.

jferrier

I've read that many times before a bubble tip begins to split and clone itself it will retreat to a dark space. I've had one for almost 2-1/2 years and he has moved occasionally but will usually emerge somewhere back at the top near the light. If it has been feeding well and water quality is ok, then I wouldn't worry.

simpdaddy

Mine was doing a good job of staying in one spot for a while. But now he's moving around but in the same location.
I wouldn't worry. The clowns will find a way to get to him. Mine always seems to do it.