help ASAP, Cleaner shrimp might be pregnant???

coastie81

Hey, I cannot get a picture right now, but I have 2 cleaner shrimp and the one I suspect that is pregnant I have had for a long time. I look at it and in the rear section of his tail it looks like thousands of tiny little eggs. The other shrimp that I have does not have them.
I am wondering if someone can post pics or give me some insight to see if it is pregnant. Then if someone can explain to me how to take care of them if it is pregnant?
I am really confused????

olemiss

Those are eggs. They generally hatch at night, cool to watch if you are lucky enough to be watching. Unfortunately, they are impossible to raise but you scored some free fish food. My fire and cleaner shrimp have eggs every two weeks like clockwork.

coastie81

Originally Posted by OleMiss
http:///forum/post/2985026
Those are eggs. They generally hatch at night, cool to watch if you are lucky enough to be watching. Unfortunately, they are impossible to raise but you scored some free fish food. My fire and cleaner shrimp have eggs every two weeks like clockwork.
Thanks for responding OleMiss
so basically no way to raise them, That would be a sweet deal if I could then sell them off. But I have just started to try and find some info on them and all I have found was very little info on Kreisel Tank's, but all the info says it is for jellyfish, but I imagine it would work for shrimp too. Anyone else have any input.

coastie81

anyone have any input, I have been looking at rearing tanks and they are just too expensive. Help me out here