Help fast LIFE OR DEATH SITUATION!!!

OK guys im up early because my fish tanks lighting timer failed and turned all the 10,000k bulbs on when it was pitch black in the room. The fish seem disoriented. should they be ok? What should i do?

meowzer

If you think this is a life or death situation....you better give up now.....read some of the threads I have....you name it, it has gone wrong.....be prepared....things will break, fish will die, algae will grow.....None of this is LIFE or DEATH

btldreef

Originally Posted by meowzer
http:///forum/post/3296208
If you think this is a life or death situation....you better give up now.....read some of the threads I have....you name it, it has gone wrong.....be prepared....things will break, fish will die, algae will grow.....None of this is LIFE or DEATH
+1
They'll be fine

langlandjoshua

yup, in this hobby you learn to expect anything. When your comfortable a tube will pop lose, fish die, chemicals and temps go crazy. Its a great life lesson for damage control. So next time you update your resume, write that down. Roll with the punches and enjoy the rush. You will fix it, and if you cant fix it, or you cant handle it this may not be the hobby for you. Best of luck on the real emergencies.

B

bigtankbigfish

if turning the lights off and on is disorienting and deadly my fish would all be retarded. I never use timers I just turn it on when im in the room and off when im not in the room. Fish dont need light. Reef tanks are different obviously