Help from the Zoa Pros please

bronco300

Originally Posted by EL GUAPO
http:///forum/post/2617679
I have been told that many of the brightly colored multi colored zoas have been known to just up and die for little or no reason at all . That they will last for a few months than simply shrivle up and die .
I really don't know I am new to the reef thing .
that could be said for just about anything couldn't it in reality, we just know how other corals work better...kind of like xenia....i'm sure there is a reason for it, maybe just something we haven't discovered yet.

el guapo

Originally Posted by Bronco300
http:///forum/post/2618007
that could be said for just about anything couldn't it in reality, we just know how other corals work better...kind of like xenia....i'm sure there is a reason for it, maybe just something we haven't discovered yet.
So very true . Its really hard to say . I leave that up to the people that know more than I do , which is all of you .
I might try some of the more delicate ones soon. I seam to have good luck with the ones I have now .

bronco300

haha, well someone get me a grant and I'd love to start doing tests one them...lol, i've always had thoughts on other things with zoos but lack refund, let alone the scientific equipment to test anything out in reality...so life goes on with unknown loses...but i hope they arent too hard becuase i've a big order in for more "rare" types as well.

scopus tang

New question. How much will iodine levels affect zoas? Reason I ask, is I just got my new iodine test kit, and iodine was at zero. Dosed both it and strontium (got both test kits), and zoas are looking much better this morning. Would iodine levels possibly cause this decline? Also on a side note, the strontium test showed my calcium level to be only 426ppm. Both strontium and iodine kit are Salifert. Calcium test kit is hagen, but also tested with API. Wanted both the dKH and calcium test kit from Salifert, but company was out of both.