HELP HELP just lose one of 2 clown fish dont want to lose the other HELP ME PLEASE

D

denniscoy420

I have had these 2 false clown fish for about 3 years
I just moved to another house so i had to break the tank down
when I set the tank up the nitrate's when to red because I moved all the rocks around
not sure why but I am doing 3-4 gallon water changes in a 30 gallon everyday till the red goes down
well here we are 2 weeks later 24 gallons of water change in a 30 gallon tanks and still red
well i woke up this morning and the male clown fish was just dead stitting against some rocks
f....... me
well What should I do?
the female clown fish is all along
still have 3 other fish in the tank flame damesl, royal gamma
please help out with the nitrates and the lose of a long time fish thanks so much

cableguy

They make some products that will bring them down, but Ive never read where high nitrates can kill fish. Unless they are like 1000+. What are your ammonia and nitrite levels?

meowzer

Have you tested ammonia too? You may have stirred up too mush debris
ALSO...instead of doing small daily water changes, you should do larger ones every few days....

nanomantis

Your small water changes are not accomplishing much. You need to do a series of 50% water changes at this point. Also I would add some carbon to your filter, seeing as you likely stirred up some hydrogen sulfide with moving all your rocks around.