help id please

row

I bought this coral on Sunday. My LFS told me it was a type of goniopora. But I have been looking all over the internet and cant find anything in the goni family that looks like this. The closest thing i see is stypholora (dont know about spelling). Any help is greatly appreciated.

spanko

Does not look like a stylaphora to me but the pic is pretty blurry. Can you get a better close up?

row

unfortunatley my camera is a piece of crap. I will try to get another pic tommorow.

paintballer768

It looks a bit fuzzy to even be montipora polyps. Im thinking like some type of goniopora as well, but we cant say for sure. Try to get a clearer shot, if that means backing up a little.

bang guy

There is a Goniopora that resembles that. There's also a Porites species, a Montipora, and an Alveopora species that match your picture.
If it's Goniopora each polyp will have 24 tentacles. I obviously can't count them from the picture but perhaps you can count them from where you are.

row

ok i will try to count them. The LFS told me it was a goniopora, if it is then its requirements are the same as other gonioporas right?

bang guy

Originally Posted by ROW
http:///forum/post/2518861
ok i will try to count them. The LFS told me it was a goniopora, if it is then its requirements are the same as other gonioporas right?

If it's the small polyped Goni I'm familiar with then, luckily, it's a lot easier to care for than the others.

lizzy

I waaaaaant some!!!! my lfs has some of those in one of thier nano display tanks but they are not for sale