Help, it's not a fu manchu, what is it??? I am acclimating. antenae???

ibanez

90 gallon, maroon clown, six line wrasse, coral beauty angel. That is it right now. it is about 4 or 5 inches.

ibanez

Ya, noone is answering so I wrote an email. It is pretty and all, but I hadn't done my research on this species so I know nothing about it.

S

saxman

Originally Posted by IbanEz
http:///forum/post/3262116
Any good information on this species you can recommend?
google Frank Marini Lionfish
and read his excellent article on lionfish.
that being said, the zebra will most likely be easier to wean than a fu. its care is pretty much the same as for any dwarf lion species.

ibanez

I have read that article, but don't see much individual information about the zebra, does this ruin my chance of getting a fu manchu some day soon?

cranberry

Originally Posted by IbanEz
http:///forum/post/3262169
does this ruin my chance of getting a fu manchu some day soon?
Nope.
The care for all dwarfs is about the same. The only one that is a little different (harder to keep) is the Fu.

cranberry

I'm hoping it works.... cause I'm gonna do it too

Just you wait until he colours up and starts hunting. You'll see some awesome pink colours in there that will just pop. They are awesome fish.

ibanez

He is awesome. We are very pleased with him. He photographs well.
We were going to do that with the Fu but since he was one of the first in the tank we just put him in. Plus we haven't got a weaning basket yet and we were going to try that if we just had trouble weaning him.

ibanez

Ya, got about 20, couldn't separate them, they must be teenagers. It was a good pic cause my wife took it, she is a natural.

cranberry

I'm guessing you just bought the snails too. Future note :) .... avoid Maragarita snails. They are cold water snails and their potential life expectancy is greatly reduced in our warm tanks.

ibanez

I was not aware of that, thank you. That was one thing I wouldn't have thought to check out when it is part of a clean up crew package.

ibanez

Here is what I have for a weaning basket, I hope it is sufficient. What do you think? I will keep light off of it during the day by covering it with a book or something.